A few questions for our 11 night reflection cruise in Feb/18

marcruiserswe

Hi everyone,

It’s finally getting closer to our cruise on February 18 with reflection! I just logged on to the website to check out some options and a few questions came up that I hope you experienced cruises will be able to assist us with.

It’s a week until final payment, do I have to manually do this or will it be arranged by celebrity automatically? I think they have the CC number since before.

I also see that a few new cabins in Aqua has become available, is it generally speaking a good deal to upgrade at this point, near the final payment date? If we change the booking, can we keep our select/anytime dining? (only 6pm available now)

We are possibly wanting to get the 3 or 4 night specialty dining package, however Murano was listed as from 30usd. The 3 night package is 129usd, have they changed the pricing for Murano to be cheaper than the rest? It doesn’t add up otherwise 🙂

And finally, we are a bit ambivalent to for the visit to Cartagena and what to do. There are celebrity arranged city tours, are they worth the money?  Or will lots of the time be spent in shops, something we are not that into.

Thanks a lot in advance everyone, all advice is much appreciated!

Best regards,

Martin

28 minutes ago, marcruiserswe said:

Hi everyone,

It’s finally getting closer to our cruise on February 18 with reflection! I just logged on to the website to check out some options and a few questions came up that I hope you experienced cruises will be able to assist us with.

It’s a week until final payment, do I have to manually do this or will it be arranged by celebrity automatically? I think they have the CC number since before.

I also see that a few new cabins in Aqua has become available, is it generally speaking a good deal to upgrade at this point, near the final payment date? If we change the booking, can we keep our select/anytime dining? (only 6pm available now)

We are possibly wanting to get the 3 or 4 night specialty dining package, however Murano was listed as from 30usd. The 3 night package is 129usd, have they changed the pricing for Murano to be cheaper than the rest? It doesn’t add up otherwise 🙂

And finally, we are a bit ambivalent to for the visit to Cartagena and what to do. There are celebrity arranged city tours, are they worth the money?  Or will lots of the time be spent in shops, something we are not that into.

Thanks a lot in advance everyone, all advice is much appreciated!

Best regards,

Martin

I'm on the same cruise - come join the roll call: 

Some from the roll call, including 2 of my travel mates are going on a Cartegena tour with Dora: dora@cartegenatour.com, http://www.cartagenatour.com/_index.php.  She gets very good reviews.

You will either have to pay your final balance online, or by calling Celebrity directly.  They will not automatically charge your credit card.

You can upgrade to Aqua at this point, if it is at a price you are happy with.  You will, however, be dining in Blu, not the main dining room.  Blu is open seating, so runs like Select dining.

I'll let others respond regarding your specialty dining questions.

Patricia

If you upgrade to Aqua, check if there will be any changes to your perks....

Murano usually offers one lunch per cruise (sea day) and I think the charge is likely $30.  The regular dinner price is $50.

As pointed out, Aqua class dines in Blu which does not take reservations.  Just go when you want during their opening hours. If the extra cost for Aqua is reasonable (IMHO, $200 a person is the max I'd pay) and you've never tried Blu, then go for it. They serve breakfast and dinner and it is a different experience than eating in the MDR....a bit quieter, less commotion, etc...and good breakfasts.

We have been to Cartagena twice. The first time we booked a trip with Lee Miles (Mr Emerald) and had a guided tour.  The second time we just took a cab to the Old/tourist section and walked around.  Take your pick...both are good choices. Dora also gets good reviews.

9 hours ago, PSU said:

The cost for Murano is $50 even though it says from $30.

The $30 for Murano on your Cruise Planner is a discounted price only available for dinner on embarkation day.

The 3-night package at the recently increased $129 makes little sense with the $43 per dinner price - recommend waiting to look for better discounts on board.

Thank you all for your answers and for the roll call tip, only 2nd cruise, so still new to this 🙂

Regarding the specialty dining, I didn’t know there were discounts onboard possibly, how would I check this? Is it directly with the restaurant or customer service?

Thanks again, it is most welcome advice!

Cheers!

You will find folks offering specialty restaurant reservations at various places around the ship at different times.  There is usually someone outside the oceanview cafe (buffet).  Ask them if they are offering any special deals or be specific and ask if they can offer you a discount to dine at xxxxxx.  They may so no, but I can give you a discount on yyyy.  If they offer Murano for $35 (discounted from $50), you  might say "I'm willing to book if you can do it for $30.   Sometimes, they'll say ok...sometimes they'll say no, "I'm not allowed to do it or something like that"...and then the next day, smile as you pass them and say "my offer for $30 is still open....you may be pleasantly surprised.  It's sort of a game.  They know that empty seats don't give them tips or profits and you have the $'s.  Just be friendly, not adversarial.

Note: if you want to eat in Murano on one specific (maybe special) night...reserve it....Murano seems to be the busiest restaurant.  Other restaurants are easier but you do have to be flexible on time and day.  We are generally ambivalent...if we get a good deal, we'll book...if not, we enjoy regular dining for that cruise. 

When you board there will be someone set up in the boarding area and outside the buffet for specialty dining reservations.  There are often discounts on the 1st night.  Other nights depends on restaurant, time and how heavy the bookings are.  Ask what discounts are available.  If bookings are slow you might also be asked by staff roaming the ship if you want to book.

On 11/12/2018 at 2:11 AM, marcruiserswe said:

Thank you all for your answers and for the roll call tip, only 2nd cruise, so still new to this 🙂

Regarding the specialty dining, I didn’t know there were discounts onboard possibly, how would I check this? Is it directly with the restaurant or customer service?

Thanks again, it is most welcome advice!

Cheers!

If you’re upgrading to AQ, you might want to wait until you try Blu before you book a specialty dining package.  We have found Blu to have a wonderful, creative menu and great ambiance and service.