Will my pre booked drinks package be affected?

MrsDusty

4 minutes ago, Uzzell20 said:

Hi, could you send me the old drink prices menu. Thanks 

Below is a link to the website where I got them.  Just click on the middle icon which is to open picture in a new webpage and then you can print each picture. It is from the Seaside but the Divina had the same bar menu

https://www.cruisehabit.com/content/msc-seaside-bar-menu

4 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Below is a link to the website where I got them.  Just click on the middle icon which is to open picture in a new webpage and then you can print each picture. It is from the Seaside but the Divina had the same bar menu

https://www.cruisehabit.com/content/msc-seaside-bar-menu

Thank you so much!

1 hour ago, ikea logistics said:

cheers hopefully we won't need to argue but who knows it was so much easier with the asterisk method

See this is where I don't understand how it's going to work. If they replace all of the munu's with one's without the asterisk system how are the people who booked the drinks packages before Monday going to know what they were entitled to? Last week a Pina Colada was without an asterisk so I could order one with classic but if Aurea has Easy and it's over 6E what denotes I'm still eligible to order.

I know it's been different on Seaside/Divina(?) but the other ships it wasn't. We board Preziosa next week, she's in dry dock at present, it'll be interesting to see if there are new menu's.

CF ... I think you would need to try to get hold of the menus pre November 12th and take a copy with you, I have printed off the Caribbean ones I had sent to me from October 7th that I added to the new thread and will be taking them with me, have you tried asking on the other site on fb?

3 hours ago, ikea logistics said:

another email from MSC

Good Morning Mr Arnold,

Thank you for your email.

You will receive the benefits for the Classic package, if you wish to upgrade you will need to select the new Premium drinks package up to the cost of €10 or $12 or the Premium Plus package has no price limit.

Kind Regards,

Sophie Betchley

Booking Management

So I have replied back sayingthat this doesn't answer my question as before there we drinks with asterisks showing the drinks you couldn't get.

Awaiting an email back

So then it's still a downgrade for 2 reasons:

1.  The Premium package still is missing gelato, crepes, and shakes.  If you upgrade from Classic where you at least had gelato and shakes, are you losing those with Premium?

2.  The upgrade to Premium is twice what it was from Classic to Deluxe with a lot left out.

I've got an eamil from someone else that says this 

I hope this finds you well.

The information regarding the new packages are correct: they do not include ice cream anymore.

However, as the new packages are applicable from bookings made from the 12th November 2018, everything that has been booked before will be honored. 

Please reassure the customers that as they booked before the above date, they will still get what they purchased.

And this

If you booked on the MSC UK site and it was the old All Inclusive Bar and Restaurant package the they will honour it the same as it was sold. I have had written confirmation from them that my TA sent me so I had it writing and 2 agents told me the same on the phone as well. There will be no price limit for drinks as long as you are ordering house wines and local spirits so all cocktails will be included. It won't cover premium branded spirits and any cocktails made with them either, or speciality wines etc.

Edited by ikea logistics

6 minutes ago, ikea logistics said:

If you booked on the MSC UK site and it was the old All Inclusive Bar and Restaurant package the they will honour it the same as it was sold. I have had written confirmation from them that my TA sent me so I had it writing and 2 agents told me the same on the phone as well. There will be no price limit for drinks as long as you are ordering house wines and local spirits so all cocktails will be included. It won't cover premium branded spirits and any cocktails made with them either, or speciality wines etc.

Why is the US lagging behind?  If this is the case for the US, I'll just drink my weight in house wines.  And I'll order a Nojito along with a Bacardi shot to make my own mojitos.  I can play at this within the rules.  😉

I've read all the posts regarding the new drink packages however I am still confused!!  I see where if you've already paid for your upgraded drink package prior to November 12th, they will honor it.  How about us booking the cruise prior to November 12th but not purchasing an upgraded drink package?  Will we be allowed to purchase the "old" drink package or will we have to pick one of the new packages?  Also what about drinks on us?  Thank you

On 11/13/2018 at 7:29 PM, tymike said:

Hi all,

I'm booked, confirmed and paid in full for my first MSC cruise in July, 2018.  I booked two Aurea suites that initially included the Classic drink package.  I emailed my contact person who booked me at MSC to ask about what drink package I would receive and I was answered the "Easy Package".  I emailed back and said I was very disappointed with the downgrade and asked if I shouldn't be given what I paid for.  I'll let this thread know if I get a different answer.  

I think it's awful for MSC to downgrade what customers have already agreed to and paid for. 

Thank you for this thread!

Update...the booking agent initially didn't respond to my email asking about getting what I paid for so I emailed again stating my disappointment in his silence and honestly stating that two Aurea suites are at risk of being cancelled if the bait and switch was on.  He answered by saying he's waiting for corporate to let him know the policy.  

So...no reassurance that my original booking perks will be honored and no answer at all as to what I might be getting. UK passengers seem to be getting written information that their perks will be honored if booked/paid prior to the change but not so for US passengers.  At least in my experience to date.   :classic_mellow:

I hope to report good/better news in the days to come.

I don't know about you guys, but I just can't see how honoring old packages which had different drink inclusions and prices is going to logistically play out on all of these upcoming cruises? I'm guessing over the course of a week there will be upwards of 50-60 drink swipes per person that will have to be altered one by one times how many 100s of guests who booked packages prior to the changes. Happy we are sailing YC in April which will hopefully shield us from some of the nonsense I am sure will ensue.  Guest services will be slammed nonstop.  

1 hour ago, 2013cruiser2013 said:

... I'm guessing over the course of a week there will be upwards of 50-60 drink swipes per person that will have to be altered one by one times how many 100s of guests who booked packages prior to the changes. Happy we are sailing YC in April which will hopefully shield us from some of the nonsense I am sure will ensue.  Guest services will be slammed nonstop.  

It won't be like that, their system already knew which drinks were allowed under Classic.  It is basically keeping things the same as it was.  Changing the Classic package to not include those drinks would have been harder.

On 11/15/2018 at 4:41 PM, Smurf2017 said:

Sidari, 

Do you by any chance have old menus for the Dubai area? We have a Classic package and will be on Splendida in January. 

Doing the same cruise in march. Also booked the allegrissimo (classic)  package of 26  euro p/day

Wondering which drinks are going to be included and how they will indicate this on the bar list

This is part of the bar list on Preziosa in 2015. Everything without an asterix was included then so this means everything on this list that's more than 6 euro's (almost everything!) is excluded of the new easy package which costs 3 euros more??

DSCN5514.JPG

29 minutes ago, Quantum cruiser said:

Doing the same cruise in march. Also booked the allegrissimo (classic)  package of 26  euro p/day

Wondering which drinks are going to be included and how they will indicate this on the bar list

This is part of the bar list on Preziosa in 2015. Everything without an asterix was included then so this means everything on this list that's more than 6 euro's (almost everything!) is excluded of the new easy package which costs 3 euros more??

DSCN5514.JPG

Thanks Quantum. We're on Splendida in January. We planned to book a Bella but they were offering an upgrade to Fantastica at the time we booked, which was very reasonably priced and included a Classic drinks package. I cannot remember the upgrade price so cannot put a price on the drinks package. 

After weeks with no access, I was finally able to login to my MSC account recently and now it states I also have three excursions included that have never been mentioned before. They are really in such a mess. I cannot imagine we will ever be in a hurry to book with MSC again. 

Smurf ... I am guessing you booked before November 12th ? which means you will get the Classic package as it was with the drinks that were included, if you have 3 free tours don`t knock it, print out the page and take it with you.

2 hours ago, sidari said:

Smurf ... I am guessing you booked before November 12th ? which means you will get the Classic package as it was with the drinks that were included, if you have 3 free tours don`t knock it, print out the page and take it with you.

Yes Sidari. We booked at the Future Cruise desk last February. I'm certainly planning to print off the page showing the three tours but don't hold out much hope of actually getting them! It will be a bonus if it happens. 

Finally a confirmed email from MSC to my travel agent. This is for the cruise I’m on next year on the Seaside from Miami. 

Good Afternoon Mr Arnold,

I have today heard back from MSC regards the clarification of your drinks package. Please see below their response. 

Good Afternoon Stacey, 

The client has purchased and confirmed the all inclusive  and bar drinks package prior to our packages being amended. therefore when the client is on board, nothing will change for them nor do they need to look for certain prices of drinks. This will be reflected on board. 

The clients package is still available to them and will not change. 

Should we be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Kind Regards
Rianna Peel
Booking Management

38 minutes ago, sidari said:

Forgot to ask where you are sailing ? I recall looking at a cruise that offered three free tours.

It's Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sir Bani Yas Island, Muscat, Khasab and back to Dubai. 

It would be great if these tours are actually included.