Parkiing in Miami

sea-jay

Does anyone know if there is off-port parking lots available in Miami?  

Failing that, are there any hotels in Miami close to the port that would allow me to leave my car there while I am on a cruise (free or a nominal charge)?

53 minutes ago, sea-jay said:

Does anyone know if there is off-port parking lots available in Miami?  

Failing that, are there any hotels in Miami close to the port that would allow me to leave my car there while I am on a cruise (free or a nominal charge)?

Please email me I will recommend a cheap safe garage parking.

We use to stay at Homewood suites Lagoon, but it got to be more cost effective to stay at  another hotel a little further and and then park at a lot by the port.  It was about a $30 -40  cab fare from that hotel, some offer a shuttle for a extra fee but the time involved of waiting for everyone getting on and off plus the other inconveniences wasn’t worth the hassle.   You still had to get your own transportation back, and that would add another 30 to 40 minutes to get back to your car.  

We have used Safe Cruise Parking/Parkway with no problems or issues for all of all recent cruises out of Miami.  

You can make the reservation on line.  

155 SW 3rd Street

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

We've done both, parked off port and got hotel the night before.  Thousands of people park off port and their cars are fine.  Not sure where some people get their information.  We done it probably 4 times without any problems.  

We now use LaQuinta Miami Airport East and we only live 2 1/2 hrs away.  I can stay the night, have their (limited) breakfast and park there for my 10 night cruises for less than parking at the port.  Free shuttle to the port and $21 (with tip) Lyft ride back to the hotel.  Can't beat it.

enjoy.  

19 hours ago, miched said:

We use to stay at Homewood suites Lagoon, but it got to be more cost effective to stay at  another hotel a little further and and then park at a lot by the port.  It was about a $30 -40  cab fare from that hotel, some offer a shuttle for a extra fee but the time involved of waiting for everyone getting on and off plus the other inconveniences wasn’t worth the hassle.   You still had to get your own transportation back, and that would add another 30 to 40 minutes to get back to your car.  

We have used Safe Cruise Parking/Parkway with no problems or issues for all of all recent cruises out of Miami.  

You can make the reservation on line.  

155 SW 3rd Street

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We used to park at a gated garage that we found thru Global Airport Parking that provided transportation , but it got so popular, that it took forever to get to the Port...it's probably better to park at the Port.

I used to spend $280.00 for a 14 days.Now I only pay around $100.00 with Uber Round trip included.

Its safe and is Garage parking with attendant day time and surveillance cameras 24hrs everywhere in the whole building.

Its less 2 miles from the port.

Good place to park during hurricane season.

If you search the FLA departures board you'll find that all of the locals suggest parking at POM, not off site.

None of the hotels offering parking deals includes a shuttle back to your car, so plan on a $30 cab ride.

You might look at staying cheap outside of south FLA and then drive in to Miami the morning of your cruise.  West Palm is only about 90+ minutes away and even Orlando is doable if you get up early (about 4 hours).

Parking at POM is covered, convenient and secure; parking anywhere else will likely not be covered, for sure will not be as convenient, and will be less secure.  It is your car - do you feel lucky? :classic_unsure:

One of the real conviences of parking at a off site lot is that you don’t have to deal with the port traffic.  The other is if you park at the port you will have to haul your luggage from the terminal to the parking garage when the cruise is over.    Using a off site lot they will pick you up near the terminal and drop you off close to your car.

No matter where you park I would advise to have a full tank of gas, a case of water and some emergency non perishable food supplies.   We have been on a few cruises that happened during a hurricane and supplies were short when we got back.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

4 hours ago, miched said:

One of the real conviences of parking at a off site lot is that you don’t have to deal with the port traffic.  The other is if you park at the port you will have to haul your luggage from the terminal to the parking garage when the cruise is over.    Using a off site lot they will pick you up near the terminal and drop you off close to your car.

No matter where you park I would advise to have a full tank of gas, a case of water and some emergency non perishable food supplies.   We have been on a few cruises that happened during a hurricane and supplies were short when we got back.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

There are porters available in Miami to take your luggage to the parking garage.  As for traffic, perhaps you are thinking of Fort Lauderdale where the traffic is indeed insane.  I just cruised out of Miami last month.  You go through the tunnel and you're at the port.  You leave the parking garage, hit the tunnel, and you're on your way.