MSC New Drink Package and YC

marcoigna

as others have said including sidari i have got this back from MSC in the UK

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

I have looked into this for you and I have been advised that you will receive the drinks package you paid for as it was booked and added to your booking before the drinks packages were amended on 12th November.

Kind Regards,

Sophie Betchley

Booking Management

MSC Cruises Ltd

5 Roundwood Avenue

Stockley Park

Uxbridge

UB11 1AF

43 minutes ago, ikea logistics said:

as others have said including sidari i have got this back from MSC in the UK

In this thread on YC drinks experience, the difficulty is that we didn't technically "book" or "prepay" for any experience,  so we are looking for some re-assurance that our experience is similar to what it was.  If it is indeed premium plus, then I would be happy with that.  I have not had a response to my direct inquiries to MSC.

21 hours ago, marcoigna said:

good day - there has been alot of chatting going on with MSC's new drink packages - now called - "Easy" - "Premium" - "Premium Plus" -

- does anyone know which package is applicable to YC Passengers now

- The Premium clearly states that cocktails upto $12.00

- However the Premium "Plus" does not list a $ amount.

any in site would be great

Hopefully you or Derek can update us after your upcoming trip!  Bon Voyage!

13 minutes ago, JAGR said:

In this thread on YC drinks experience, the difficulty is that we didn't technically "book" or "prepay" for any experience,  so we are looking for some re-assurance that our experience is similar to what it was.  If it is indeed premium plus, then I would be happy with that.  I have not had a response to my direct inquiries to MSC.

The following from UK website, confirming there is no price limit on premium plus...so truly 'all-inclusive', with all drinks by the glass, previously no package provided that! For me, that more than compensates for gelato and presumably includes the venchi hot drinks loved by some!

PREMIUM PLUS PACKAGE

Unlimited consumption of all drinks by the glass, with no price limit! Enjoy the finest beverages available, and the freedom to quench your thirst however, whenever and wherever you like! Drinks and food from the minibar and the room service menu and drinks from theme bar menus are all included as well. This offer also entitles you to a 30% discount on bottles of wine and champagne from our wine lists. You can order your drinks in all onboard bars, as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, including the speciality restaurants. 

We have booked and paid a £1000 deposit in July for an aurea suite on bellissima next June.  Will our classic drinks package that is included in our "experience" still stand? If not msc might just "experience" a very disgruntled client.

As reported on another thread, the YC gets the Premium Plus package.  Its on the US MSC website.

Not sure if the Top Sail lounge will ask for cards when ordering to determine between old Deluxe or Premium Plus.    

Edited by Todd320

4 minutes ago, sidari said:

Email from MSC confirms what the hard copy brochure says for the current year for Deluxe(old) No Champagne included! 30% off a bottle.

The email is incorrect, certainly as far as Meraviglia is concerned! We sailed 2b2b's Sept/Oct past for 18 nights in total and had Nicolas Feuillatte champagne included in our YC package which was the deluxe (old) package. None of the other champagnes were included. We were served NF both in YC and other bars on the ship where champagne was available. I find it hard to imagine that would be unique to Meraviglia alone. The more likely explanation is that this is another example of MSC back office not having a clue as to what really happens on their ships! 

Well MSC do have things that they do on a by ship basis, I am fairly certain that it was still included on our second Seaside sailing at the end of April but I no longer have the brochure that covers that period, will find out at Xmas if it is still available on our second Divina cruise.

This is somewhat like the Black card meal for two issue, Seaside gave one per cabin on and friends who sailed the Med earlier this year received two!

16 hours ago, Todd320 said:

As reported on another thread, the YC gets the Premium Plus package.  Its on the US MSC website.

Not sure if the Top Sail lounge will ask for cards when ordering to determine between old Deluxe or Premium Plus.    

i see it now posted - 

Edited by marcoigna

51 minutes ago, ranchette said:

We have the deluxe package on our cruise next year. What will this package include now?

If you've already booked it, the MCS responses are currently that it will include exactly the items it did previously. You won't be moved onto one of the new packages.

I just logged into the USA site for our cruise leaving on Sunday and it still shows the Deluxe Packages for the Seaview.

It seems that the USA site has NOT been updated to reflect any changes yet.

I know that some people have been posting from the UK but it really does not seem like there is anything official from MSC directly just what people have been told or have “heard” or “seen” posted somewere.

It really is sad that MSC didn’t just be upfront about the changes and post it on their website(s) so that it was clear what direction they were going.

I guess we all just have to wait and see what “officially” ends up on the website.

I honestly do not trust anything I get from calling into MSC as it seems that most people that work there aren’t even on the same page either.

2 hours ago, kevinrobedm said:

I just logged into the USA site for our cruise leaving on Sunday and it still shows the Deluxe Packages for the Seaview.

We are sailing Seaview in 2019 and booked through the USA website - it DOES show Easy, Premium, Premium Plus etc for our cruise, so I guess they have partially updated things??  How annoying. 

2 hours ago, kevinrobedm said:

I know that some people have been posting from the UK but it really does not seem like there is anything official from MSC directly just what people have been told or have “heard” or “seen” posted somewere.

It really is sad that MSC didn’t just be upfront about the changes and post it on their website(s) so that it was clear what direction they were going.

I guess we all just have to wait and see what “officially” ends up on the website.

I honestly do not trust anything I get from calling into MSC as it seems that most people that work there aren’t even on the same page either.

It has been updated under "experiences" and indicates YC will have the premium plus package.  In the fine print it also states that tobacco, ice cream menu and retail items are excluded which would seem to include gelato

I did see that but it just points to inconsistency in what they are posting when it says one thing in one spot and something else somewhere else.

Maybe they are just slow in getting all parts of the site upgraded.

It would seem that for what you pay to stay in the Yach Club it should be the premium plus.

3 minutes ago, kevinrobedm said:

I did see that but it just points to inconsistency in what they are posting when it says one thing in one spot and something else somewhere else.

Maybe they are just slow in getting all parts of the site upgraded.

It would seem that for what you pay to stay in the Yach Club it should be the premium plus.

Their website drives me crazy lol. Someone on another thread said she called and confirmed YC will get premium plus.  She asked if gelato is included and they said it is not.  She asked if people who already paid will get "grandfathered in" and the person on the phone was not sure.