No show

kimberlym4

I booked two rooms - a 3 person one for my husband , 18 year old son and me; and another for an older son and his girlfriend.  Girlfriend may not be going now.  This isn't the end of the world as my younger son can just stay in the older son's room and husband and I will have the three person to ourselves.  But how does the girlfriend's no show work?   Do I alert anyone?  I know I can't get money back as we sail in about 30 days.  Also - if we do find someone to take her spot, what is the last day that we can do a name change?  Thanks, as usual, for your input.

If you're beyond the point of getting any refund, you might as well just leave her name on the reservation. If no one else goes with your son, she will just be a now show at the pier. You'll get your taxes and port fees back for the no show. If someone decides to join your son, you can add him or her any time up until (I believe) 24 hrs. before the cruise. That 24 hr. figure might be wrong, someone here will correct me soon.

2 minutes ago, kimberlym4 said:

Thanks guys.  That's what I thought.  One more thing though - what do I do about the on-line check in for the no show?  Do I not check her in?  Or check her in and then have her no show the day of the cruise?

Ypu can still go ahead with the check in.  Just no show the day of.

• Like 1

Another thought -- 

Sometimes the 3rd and 4th person in a room don't have the same penalty for cancellation.  

You may be able to cancel your younger son and get a refund for his third-person fare, then change the GF's name to your younger son's name.  DEFINITELY CHECK WITH YOUR TRAVEL AGENT before doing anything, to make sure you don't have any nasty surprises money-wise!

Then spend the money you saved on a nice excursion or something! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, kimberlym4 said:

I have a follow up question.  If we have someone be a no show, when do I actually report that to RCI.  When everyone else checks in?  

Don't report the no show, there's no need.

1 minute ago, kimberlym4 said:

So just get on board and say nothing?  They just assume after a certain time that the passenger isn't coming?  

If the person does not board the ship before it sails, they have a good idea that the person is a no show.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

If the person does not board they ship before it sails, they have a good idea that the person is a no show.

Haha... Thanks for your help...as usual.  I just guess I feel like I am creating unnecessary work for someone by not being clear.  But I trust you!  Thanks again.

41 minutes ago, kimberlym4 said:

Haha... Thanks for your help...as usual.  I just guess I feel like I am creating unnecessary work for someone by not being clear.  But I trust you!  Thanks again.

Ck post 6 again. 3rd person canceled may get all money back and change name to son in other cabin..

4 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Ck post 6 again. 3rd person canceled may get all money back and change name to son in other cabin..

When I checked into that they wanted to move us out of the 3 person room.  But that room has an adjoining balcony with one of the other rooms and I didn't want to lose it. 

If I remember correctly it was 14 days prior to sailing for 3rd and 4th passengers to cancell and get a refund on royal.  I had to do this once and with the help of people here on cc did not lose any money since it was a 3rd passenger cancelling. 

Just have her be a no-show.  Check her in as if she's going.  Don't tell anyone she's not coming.  Your younger son can sleep anywhere he wants after check-in.  After departure, go to guest services and have a key made for your younger son to his new room.

Port charges will be refunded for the no-show.

Do not make this harder than it has to be.  Cruise lines have no-shows all the time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kimberlym4 said:

When I checked into that they wanted to move us out of the 3 person room.  But that room has an adjoining balcony with one of the other rooms and I didn't want to lose it. 

When did you ask? Doubtful they'd force you to change your cabin this late. Try again anyway.

Edited by cruisinfanatic

9 hours ago, frank808 said:

If I remember correctly it was 14 days prior to sailing for 3rd and 4th passengers to cancell and get a refund on royal.  I had to do this once and with the help of people here on cc did not lose any money since it was a 3rd passenger cancelling. 

From what I have been told that now only applies with refundable deposit fares.  Non refundable deposit fares have guests 3 and 4 follow the same cancellation amd penalty schedule as guests 1 and 2. 

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

From what I have been told that now only applies with refundable deposit fares.  Non refundable deposit fares have guests 3 and 4 follow the same cancellation amd penalty schedule as guests 1 and 2. 

After final penalty it doesn't matter which way you booked for guest 1 and 2. They lose at least the whole deposit