Thomas Keller B

jwscfa1

I think this thread has become a bit confrontational.  I too do not like to be faced with a large plateful of food, and often prefer to serve myself at buffets to choose a small portion of several different offerings, and also enjoy a tasting type menu.

However, it is a welcome change to dine in the TK restaurant on board, both for the ambiance and the menu which differs from the others, and the way round the larger portions is, as has already been said, first to ask if they could be smaller, and since the answer is no, to try to choose something to share between two.  Which posters say they are willing to do.

Those of us who remember rationing of food in our youth (a long time ago) do tend to hate to see food left on a plate!

P.S.  I am afraid my 'colour square' round my initial is an unfavourite colour of mine, but I guess it is not changeable.  No doubt all the blues and greens have gone.  I suppose  one could hardly expect to have been asked one's preference!

22 hours ago, Roxburgh said:

I’m not sure what the problem is here. We all know that TK serve larger 

portions and we know that the MDR and other venues serve smaller ones. Some people like larger portions while others prefer smaller ones. Once again different preferences are catered to by Seabourn. 

If portion size size and food wastage are a particular concern the one has other options.

Exactly!

Something that hasn’t been mentioned yet... TKG’s daily specials. On board Quest currenrly for a very long voyage, we’ve been treated to many excellent surprise menu items. So far we’ve particularly enjoyed a warm spinach salad, roasted red beat salad, ravioli with lobster and black truffle, pasta with egg and white truffle, bone-in ribeye for 2, chicken cordon bleu, an outstanding 3 course traditional Thanksgiving dinner (possibly our best meal on a ship ever) and quite a few more dishes that I’m now forgetting. The service has been outstanding. We’re definitely not bored with this concept yet! 

Floris

• Like 1

How lucky for you that Thomas Keller executive Chef Sandoval was on the Quest (until a few days ago) to execute all these new dishes.  He made exquisite vegetarian & vegan dishes for us at TK Grill a few months ago on the Sojourn.  I hope he's training his Seabourn TK Grill chefs on all his new dishes, so that they will make occasional appearances on the menu even while he's not on board.  I believe he's headed to Las Vegas and then Napa next.

On 11/26/2018 at 5:34 PM, lincslady said:

I think this thread has become a bit confrontational.  I too do not like to be faced with a large plateful of food, and often prefer to serve myself at buffets to choose a small portion of several different offerings, and also enjoy a tasting type menu.

However, it is a welcome change to dine in the TK restaurant on board, both for the ambiance and the menu which differs from the others, and the way round the larger portions is, as has already been said, first to ask if they could be smaller, and since the answer is no, to try to choose something to share between two.  Which posters say they are willing to do.

Those of us who remember rationing of food in our youth (a long time ago) do tend to hate to see food left on a plate!

Thanks you lincslady. That is an eloquent understanding of what I was trying to say. 

We had outstanding daily special dishes last month on both Ovation and Odyssey.  

I do understand the small portion struggle.  On Odyssey this week, I twice ordered an appetizer as my main course.  Both times they asked if I wanted them to double it to create an entree portion.  Both times I said no and both times it arrived doubled up anyhow.  😳