Emerald Princess 2019 Drydock

Ep010835

15 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

Wonderful news!! Absolutely fantastic.  😀

Now, if they can just maintain the schedule.  🤞

I also agree. It is good news. 

My weakness is I spend way to much time online to the point of being an addict. 

I’m going to have to curb my enthusiasm and leave the gosh darn iPad turned off. Sooner or later we could just watch videos of cruise ships and stay home. 

Glenn

On 12/14/2018 at 5:04 PM, voljeep said:

what specifically is wrong with the WFM on ships?

Absolutely nothing is wrong(specifically or non-specifically) with the WFM, it was wonderful. I spent 14 days on the Caribbean Princess when Princess rolled it out. Food from start to finish I found was overall excellent. Never a line, superior selection, always to much to eat. 

Are you going to have a select few that for one reason or another or another or another or another or another who are going to complain about it, comes with the territory. WFM puts the old Horizon Court to shame. Everybody on our sailing that I spoke with seemed to really enjoy the new upgraded change. Hope that helps Todd

30 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

If you like preprepared sandwiches in little cardboard trays sitting under heat lamps getting dry and crusty (and other similar culinary delights), the WFM will be your kind of place!!

No heat lamps!! That's hilarious, those sandwiches are intended to be eaten cold!! Sure you want one of the servers to toss one in the microwave for you I'm sure you'll can do that, to make it drier and crusty'r just for you!! 

3 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

No heat lamps!! That's hilarious, those sandwiches are intended to be eaten cold!! Sure you want one of the servers to toss one in the microwave for you I'm sure you'll can do that, to make it drier and crusty'r just for you!! 

The cold ones are certainly intended to be eaten cold.

The ones sitting under the heat lamps are clearly not intended to be eaten cold. 

Emerald is set to have Medaillon WIFI for this summer trips per news release.

This latest deck plans for the Emerald on the Princess Web site show Horizon Court -- usually, if there is going to be a change, they post a date for the change.  

The new bedding is already available.

21 minutes ago, never_cruised said:

Not seen anymore info about this dry dock and the gap in Emeralds schedule suggests its the end of March. 

Maybe not much else will change. 

I was on the Emerald Princess 3rd sailing to the Caribbean in 2007 Inaugural. Have sailed on her 5 times since. She was released at the height of the 2007-2008 financial collapse, and nobody thought this ship would pan out. The Emerald Princess has been more than Princess ever imagined, forget cash cow, the Emerald prints its own money. This ship CHA-CHING!! It's a cash machine. No one ever thought that ship would be as successful as it's been. 

Unlike the Majestic Princess that's floating around southeast Asia with nobody on it. Later Todd

Yes the Asian's have all the real money that's left, here's the problem they don't do ANYTHING much less cruise with it. Princess pulled the plug on the Majestic, and last I heard she was doing runs around Australia and New Zealand.

The Asians they're back Asia somewhere doing nothing, very wealthy(big deal), but going nowhere, and doing nothing. Later Todd

24 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

Yes the Asian's have all the real money that's left, here's the problem they don't do ANYTHING much less cruise with it. Princess pulled the plug on the Majestic, and last I heard she was doing runs around Australia and New Zealand.

The Asians they're back Asia somewhere doing nothing, very wealthy(big deal), but going nowhere, and doing nothing. Later Todd

Huh?

Glenn

10 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

Huh?

Todd

Gee. Where do I start?

There are something like 7 billion people in this world and the “Asians” don’t have all the real money that’s left and they’re not the reason cruise ships are empty floating around Southeast Asia, as you put it. 

If a cruise ship isn’t sold out it’s on the Princess guru’s to figure out and not because the Asians don’t want to do anything. 

I actually take offence to your comments and I’ll pass it off as incoherent babble. 

FWIW I'm on an Asian cruise in 2020 and Princess caters heavily to, in this case, the Japanese. I found it interesting that they (Princess) put out this notice...

Glenn

A65ED7AE-4D24-4039-9F8A-3BAA1A5750BA.jpeg

I'm just trying to understand this press release regarding the Emerald Princess.  When it says for this summer would that mean the coming summer in Europe?  We sail end of May/June 2019 so just wondering if the MedallionNet would be installed that soon.

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2019 at 3:19 PM, Ep010835 said:

Me too. August 9th. 🤞

Umm, August 10th, not 9th...right?

Otherwise I just messed up my travel plans 😂

On topic - so excited for the WiFi! When I was on the Ruby to Mexico, my work was freaking out trying to reach me.  One of our new employees quit unexpectedly and they didn’t know what to do...luckily I was on an excursion that included unlimited booze when they finally got ahold of me!

I just returned from Caribbean Princess and the medallion net wifi is fast and affordable.  I love the buffet area in back of ship. It's like having four separate buffet's each serving something a little different than the others.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

Excellent!!😃

If you check the personilizer, the internet options are gone. They will probably be replaced soon with unlimited options. The same thing happened on my Grand Cruise last March.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brt49 said:

If you check the personilizer, the internet options are gone. They will probably be replaced soon with unlimited options. The same thing happened on my Grand Cruise last March.

That is superb. Just now checked and I see what you mean. 

I have the MN packages (one for wife and one for me) purchased for upcoming cruises in Aug and in Dec. (CB and Regal).

Just as soon as Emerald opens the MN purchase link, I’ll buy those for two upcoming Emerald cruises. 

I shudder when I think about the abysmally slow speeds on the Grand a couple of weeks ago. YIKES!!

F16361BE-9D68-4E36-B074-00D51DFE4536.jpeg

46C621DF-D2F6-454C-B6A3-44726166D007.jpeg