.co.uk

please can someone try this link and say what happens

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2373888-price-of-drinks-at-the-princess-platinumelite-lounge-in-au/

then can you change the .co.uk to .com and  say what happens.

I also have the problem with other threads  -roll calls - think i reported it on bugs & glitches when it was around.

3 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

For me, the thread comes up fine on both URLs.

The main difference that I can see is that I am logged in when reading the .com versiom but not logged in when reading the .co.uk version - but that is because I logged in (as usual) on the .com site.

Same here.

Thanks - I will take more notice next time - I dont know where I am logged into.  I dont usually have to log in

it just remembers me and I dont log out unless there is a problem.  In this case It said I was logged in  and I logged out and back in  ( but didnt clear cookies) to see if it made any difference, but it didnt said I was logged in but wouldnt open that page.

2 hours ago, Aulanis said:

please can someone try this link and say what happens

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2373888-price-of-drinks-at-the-princess-platinumelite-lounge-in-au/

then can you change the .co.uk to .com and  say what happens.

I also have the problem with other threads  -roll calls - think i reported it on bugs & glitches when it was around.

same  page  both URLS

2 hours ago, Aulanis said:

OK from the last reply I scrolled up the link in my first thread clicked it and got this page

The link appears in the browser search bar but the page opens as per the picture.

I've just tried both .co.uk and .com URLs on an uncookied browser, and got the same (correct) page both times.

4 hours ago, Aulanis said:

image.thumb.png.7c69caea0376a7c9ee5217f47e96e5ff.png

OK from the last reply I scrolled up the link in my first thread clicked it and got this page

The link appears in the browser search bar but the page opens as per the picture.

did you  just replace  the co.uk with .com  & leave the rest of the URL  after the /   or did you delete  the rest of the URL ?

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

did you  just replace  the co.uk with .com  & leave the rest of the URL  after the /   or did you delete  the rest of the URL ?

Just replaced .co.uk with .com     Like we used to have to do with the signature builder in the UK and in OZ

for perhaps 9 months prior to this latest change.

Further to the above I am now finding that some of the links in the emails I receive open on that same page.

Go to this post

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2605542-bugs-glitches-all-fixed/?do=findComment&comment=56185388

relates to a post by upwardUK   who is based in UK

But https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2606547-couk/?do=findComment&comment=56183388

From someone in texas  works perfectly.

I have emailed HELP.

Edited by Aulanis

11 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Further to the above I am now finding that some of the links in the emails I receive open on that same page.

So what is the issue at the moment? Both of the links in your most recent post open the correct posts for me, although the .co.uk URL obviously gives me a page to which I am not logged in because I am logged in to .com.

Ok -  This morning I followed my own advice and  as I "hibernate" overnight closed all cc pages in my browser.  I then went to Cookies and deleted all associated cookies.  I then logged into

boards,cruisecritic.com.   Logged into my email and looked up the two email advices in which it says  "Go to this post"     I would have thought the links should be in the same format but now wonder if the Poster was logged into  .co.uk  it might come through as

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2605542-bugs-glitches-all-fixed/?do=findComment&comment=56185388

and  if the Poster was logged into .com  as in the second case

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2606547-couk/?do=findComment&comment=56183388

((Another observation is that when I copy and paste that second link  it comes up with the

post and  asks if I want to leave it or post the link. - didnt do that with the first link))

So, I then click on the second link and it opens in the post.

When I click on the first link  it opens on the page I posted  in Post #5

It opens initially with the Log IN  icon in the top bar  but  in a few seconds that changes to

Log OUT. but leaves me on that page.

What I would really like is for someone in OZ (who is logged into OZ) to post in one of my roll calls then I can see how that is handled.

As mentioned I emailed Jenn last night   and indicated it was not critical but very annoying.

I am not doing anything different than i did in the old system and I am on the same old machine.

Plot thickens.

If I change the .co.uk to .com.au  the thread opens  and I can see all the posts. but  the icon

says log in and the message at the end of the posts  has the big box that says sign in to comment   which is what I guess you are seeing when logged into .com and open

something on .co.uk .  I dont recall having that problem before.    once logged in to .com I could

open threads on any of the sites. Maybe I just dont remember it correctly. 

5 hours ago, Aulanis said:

I would have thought the links should be in the same format but now wonder if the Poster was logged into  .co.uk  it might come through as https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2605542-bugs-glitches-all-fixed/?do=findComment&comment=56185388

If the member is logged in to .co.uk, then any links that they post will probably cite the .co.uk format.

However, subject to any log-in requirement, you will always be able to read the thread using a .com URL.

4 hours ago, Aulanis said:

If I change the .co.uk to .com.au  the thread opens  and I can see all the posts. but  the icon

says log in and the message at the end of the posts  has the big box that says sign in to comment   which is what I guess you are seeing when logged into .com and open

something on .co.uk .  I dont recall having that problem before.    once logged in to .com I could

open threads on any of the sites.

No, if you are logged in to .com and you open a thread using a .co.uk or .com.au URL, then:-

1. You will not be logged in when you read the thread.
  2. If the thread is one which requires you to be logged in to read (eg roll call threads), then the thread will return an error message which basically says "You're not logged in, but you need to be logged in to read this".

There has been no recent change; this was like this even before the software change.