Search on mobile is very difficult

I find searching on mobile to be difficult.  I don't seem to be finding the right information compared to searching on PC.  Example, I was trying to find an old post about hours for Spinnaker lounge on the Sun.  On mobile I could only find one article not messages from the boards.  Phone is an Android.

Me too - on my android there are two magnifying glasses - one at the very top for all of CC, and one just underneath for CC forums.  On my PC there are search boxes, not just the magnifying glass...

**So, how do I see the "Search In...Everywhere/Topics/This Forum/This Topic/More options..." choice on my phone?**  I can see it fine on my PC...

On my phone, when I click on the CC forum magnifying glass,  I get a "search term" bar and a drop down menu with:

Content Search

+Search By Author

Content Type [radio buttons to choose one] All Content/Topics/Pages/Images/Albums

Find results in... Content titles and body/Content titles only

Find results that contain... All of my search term words/Any of my search term words

Date Created...Any/Last 24 hours/Last week/Last month/Last 6 months/Last year/Custom

Last Updated...Any/Last 24 hours/Last week/Last month/Last 6 months/Last year/Custom

[button to hit when when done] Search Content

Screenshot_20181120-093255_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20181120-093223_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 11/17/2018 at 5:38 PM, zitsky said:

I find searching on mobile to be difficult.  I don't seem to be finding the right information compared to searching on PC.  Example, I was trying to find an old post about hours for Spinnaker lounge on the Sun.  On mobile I could only find one article not messages from the boards.  Phone is an Android.

It looks like you want to search in the NCL forum.  Your "hack" URL for mobile is:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?&q=Replace_This_With_Your_Search&type=forums_topic&nodes=64

I did a write-up for this on the Holland America board. Their node is 103, but if you want to read the little tutorial, it will work exactly the same. Just use the URL above.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, POA1 said:

It looks like you want to search in the NCL forum.  Your "hack" URL for mobile is:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?&q=Replace_This_With_Your_Search&type=forums_topic&nodes=64

I did a write-up for this on the Holland America board. Their node is 103, but if you want to read the little tutorial, it will work exactly the same. Just use the URL above.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but it is absolutely ridiculous that someone needs to do this to search this website.

15 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but it is absolutely ridiculous that someone needs to do this to search this website.

Well, it's up to you, but that's the only workaround that I could come up with. That query URL forces the search into "This Forum" only mode for NCL's board. It would nicer if they had that option available for mobile search, but this will have to do for now. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Well, it's up to you, but that's the only workaround that I could come up with. That query URL forces the search into "This Forum" only mode for NCL's board. It would nicer if they had that option available for mobile search, but this will have to do for now. 

As I said. I don't want to sound ungrateful.