MAKE GALLERY PICTURES OPTIONAL

12 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

No where in my post did I tell you to stop.  I said it was a game that was being played.  I have not looked at the selfie you are referring to, but I do know there were a bunch in the past.  

The pictures displaying in the forums is not something I enjoy and I no longer access Cruise Critic from my cellphone because of them.  

There are ad blockers for cellphones that block the photos. I have them blocked on both my computer and cellphone.  Ironic that I had to resort to ad blockers. For that reason alone one would think Cruise Critic would see it in their best interest to make the photos optional so that users would not resort to ad blockers to block the photos.

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

There are ad blockers for cellphones that block the photos. I have them blocked on both my computer and cellphone.  Ironic that I had to resort to ad blockers. For that reason alone one would think Cruise Critic would see it in their best interest to make the photos optional so that users would not resort to ad blockers to block the photos.

Were you not blocking ads previously?

Just curious, does an ad blocker solve the problem of using data 

Edited by John&LaLa

• Administrators

Stopping by just to let you know that I've read all your comments on this issue.

We believe that showcasing the photographs of our members is an awesome feature of this new platform.  Over the years, we've had very limited ability to do so, and we're pleased to now offer this.  I know those members who submit the photos are pleased to see their name up in lights.

I think it is easy to just not look at something you don't want to see.  The ads prove it can be done...as pretty much that's what happens on most websites <G>.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• LauraS locked this topic