MAKE GALLERY PICTURES OPTIONAL

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I like the picture albums. 😎

That's great.  I say that the default should be to display the photos.  However, those of us who would rather not view the photos should have the option to turn them off.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That's great.  I say that the default should be to display the photos.  However, those of us who would rather not view the photos should have the option to turn them off.

Just trying to show some love for the feature.  No judging.  In my life experiences I've found people tend to comment on things they dislike and not on what they like. 😉

• Like 1

No practical experience  but here

https://www.minterest.com/adblock-vs-adblock-plus/

it suggests it is not easy.

Suggests adblock plus doesnt  find the elements you want to block so you could do a lot of damage blocking the wrong thing.

Safer to wait and see if CC give us the option.

My adblocker decided it didnt like part of my profile page and blocked  part of it without asking. Only spotted it when I notice 14 items blocked on this page

What!!  adverts on my profile? no!!  important parts of the page.

• Like 1

Thanks, Aulanis.  It is an interesting article but is aimed at Google Chrome users working on a computer. I already use AdBlockPlus with Firefox on my desktop and have already blocked the damned things on my computer but the same program for my mobile has different features and does allow you to 'block elements'. Very disappointing. 

What I'm looking for how to achieve this on my mobile. 

Sorry, didnt realise Samsung Internet was a browser in its own right.

There is a version on my phone but I never use it - in fact I rarely use the phone. LOL!  I just go to google apps so think it must be chrome I use?

Tried to redeem myself  but cant actually find any instructions for blocking elements on Samsung Internet. You will have to wait until another user with the adblock plus blocker can advise unless you can figure it out.

Edited by Aulanis

If you are working on a pc you can maybe move them to the bottom rather than down the side by using ctrl key and + to increase the size, on my laptop they move to the bottom on 110%  slightly less annoying but I block them anyway.

I made the browser window smaller which has the same effect as increasing font size. The CC website is a bit jumpy though so I sometimes scroll all the way to bottom without meaning to and there those annoying pictures (especially one in particular) are again. I reported one picture, so we'll see if that makes it disappear.  

1 hour ago, Aulanis said:

If you are working on a pc you can maybe move them to the bottom rather than down the side by using ctrl key and + to increase the size, on my laptop they move to the bottom on 110%  slightly less annoying but I block them anyway.

On my phone they are on the bottom.  Out of sight, out of mind.  However some have pointed out it still takes up bandwidth 

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

On my phone they are on the bottom.  Out of sight, out of mind.  However some have pointed out it still takes up bandwidth 

Plus it subjects unsuspecting and unprepared viewers to a series of photos of CATS at random times.  This can be a disturbing experience.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Plus it subjects unsuspecting and unprepared viewers to a series of photos of CATS at random times.  This can be a disturbing experience.

You know I have more, dozens of them. 🐱🐈🦁🐯🐅🐆🦊🐺🐾

Just now, Host Clarea said:

How many bottles of BWZ do I need to send you to cease and desist?

I have a Putin portrait that would break the internet.  They're in all the shops in St Petersburg.  

No more CATS.  I try and not be annoying. 

I hadn't really objected to this because I'm fairly good at ignoring that side of the screen on my monitor.  However, the same woman has been staring at me for 20 hours.  Maybe some enterprising folks could just upload images to displace the selfies?  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

I hadn't really objected to this because I'm fairly good at ignoring that side of the screen on my monitor.  However, the same woman has been staring at me for 20 hours.  Maybe some enterprising folks could just upload images to displace the selfies?  

Be careful what you wish for!:classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Is there a setting where we can opt out of viewing the photos posted by people which appear on the right side of the page when visiting a cruise line board? These are those random photos that are posted and then the site software posts the newest photos on pages unasked by me. There's been a fewer disconcerting photos of late that people have posted that I'd rather not see if you know what I mean :classic_ohmy:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, boulders said:

Has any progress been made in allowing us to block the photos? I generally don't mind ads, so don't use an ad-blocker. The photos on the right of my screen are very annoying. 

You can run an ad blocker and set it so that it doesn't block ads. That way you can block selected elements (which is hopefully a feature of the ad blocker you choose), like the damned pictures.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Is there a setting where we can opt out of viewing the photos posted by people which appear on the right side of the page when visiting a cruise line board? These are those random photos that are posted and then the site software posts the newest photos on pages unasked by me. There's been a fewer disconcerting photos of late that people have posted that I'd rather not see if you know what I mean :classic_ohmy:

There are no settings for this feature. The only way it can be controlled is with a third-party ad blocker that allows you to block selected elements on a page.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

You're welcome. 😉

• Thanks 1