Black Friday Sale

Stefan_Cruise

Today I booked a cruise with the Back friday specials. I got a two category upgrade, $ 1.000,-- onboard credit and a cruise fare you can´t find on any TA-website. I booked it directly with Silversea in London via telephone.

This is my first time on a Silversea ship (TA-cruise on the 2th of april 2019) (after 15 cruises with Seabourn, Regent, Crystal, Azamara, Oceania ...). Hope it will be a good one.

If one planes a cruise you should check.

1 hour ago, Stefan_Cruise said:

Today I booked a cruise with the Back friday specials. I got a two category upgrade, $ 1.000,-- onboard credit and a cruise fare you can´t find on any TA-website. I booked it directly with Silversea in London via telephone.

This is my first time on a Silversea ship (TA-cruise on the 2th of april 2019) (after 15 cruises with Seabourn, Regent, Crystal, Azamara, Oceania ...). Hope it will be a good one.

If one planes a cruise you should check.

What on earth is a Back friday special?

Ha, Black Friday is getting a little out of hand. Today I got an e-mail from SNCF (yes, the French National Railway company) letting me know that they will be running Black Friday specials. Nuts. The French too???

SS, Black Friday is the day after American Thanksgiving, and the longstanding beginning of the Christmas / Holiday gift-shopping season. It's long been a day for major sales. Or as some of us think...

black-friday-because-only-in-merica-peop

23 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Ha, Black Friday is getting a little out of hand. Today I got an e-mail from SNCF (yes, the French National Railway company) letting me know that they will be running Black Friday specials. Nuts. The French too???

SS, Black Friday is the day after American Thanksgiving, and the longstanding beginning of the Christmas / Holiday gift-shopping season. It's long been a day for major sales. Or as some of us think...

black-friday-because-only-in-merica-peop

€ 3.800 per Person for a 13 day transatlantic plus $ 1.000 onboard credit in a deluxe veranda suite is very good deal!

Unfortunately the Black Friday sale is only for new bookings.  Cancel and rebook is not allowed.  The cruise I booked is one of the specials offered and I am not within cancel period, but unfortunately can't take advantage of the special offered. So much for booking early to get the lowest price 😂

7 hours ago, Sunprince said:

Unfortunately the Black Friday sale is only for new bookings.  Cancel and rebook is not allowed.  The cruise I booked is one of the specials offered and I am not within cancel period, but unfortunately can't take advantage of the special offered. So much for booking early to get the lowest price 😂

That breaks the price guarantee surely?

10 hours ago, Stefan_Cruise said:

€ 3.800 per Person for a 13 day transatlantic plus $ 1.000 onboard credit in a deluxe veranda suite is very good deal!

Tried to see which that was but couldn't work it out? 

Edited by les37b

What about the SS guarantee on price when you book and pay in full over a year in advance.If the price of your booked cruise reduces it should be passed on at the request of the client.That has been our experience on a few past cruises but you have to request the reduction,it does not come automatically from SS.

Update - I wasn't going to bother calling my TA since the disclosures on the sale was clear that existing cruises were excluded.  But I did anyway, just to test the system.  He called SS and came back and responded that I had the "best price" since I had paid in advance and had a 10% discount.  I responded that refers to the base fare and SS was offering an add $1000 ship credit and category upgrade.

To my surprise, my TA called SS again, and advised that they honored the $1000 ship credit and provided an additional refund.  So in the end SS came through.  Glad I made the effort even though I expected nothing.  Also nice to have a good TA. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I had no problem getting the $1000 suite credit even though I booked 2 months before. Also, since I need to be in an accessible suite, I couldn't get an upgrade, but they took off the upgrade amount without me even asking.