Did you book your cruise before 12th November but not the drinks packed read this

Epos Man

1 hour ago, sidari said:

Ziggy ... I was just looking at the drinks availability for our divina Xmas cruise and the Premium shows drinks at $12 each, the plus package is not available.

I know, it appears to only be South America that has this lower rate which is another reason I was keen to upgrade to Deluxe, I do have Premium Plus available but of course more expensive and no mini bar or gelato. 

I have no idea why there is a lower limit, I'm sure the drinks menu will be the same but it will further lower what can be ordered.

4 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I'm going to have to search the forum for threads where the old menus were posted.

This site has the Divina old bar menus and pricing.

https://eatsleepcruise.com/2016/08/bars-on-msc-divina/

And here are the old package dollar limits (for US bookings) which gives you an idea of which drinks were included with each package.

2018 Drink Package Comparison Guide with Drinks On Us (Version2).pdf

Edited by Até

15 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

I know, it appears to only be South America that has this lower rate which is another reason I was keen to upgrade to Deluxe, I do have Premium Plus available but of course more expensive and no mini bar or gelato. 

Minibar is definitely included!

PREMIUM PLUS PACKAGE
Book now unlimited consumption of all drinks by the glass, with no price limit! 
Including all Premium Package drinks plus:
  • All wines and champagne by the glass
  • Connoisseurs' selection of spirits
  • All cocktails and Champagne cocktails
  • Minibar
  • Drinks and Food from room service menu
  • Drinks from theme bar menus
  • 30% discount on bottles of wine and champagne from our wine lists

Can be consumed in all onboard bars as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, including speciality restaurants. 

Just now, hamrag said:

Minibar is definitely included!

PREMIUM PLUS PACKAGE
Book now unlimited consumption of all drinks by the glass, with no price limit! 
Including all Premium Package drinks plus:
  • All wines and champagne by the glass
  • Connoisseurs' selection of spirits
  • All cocktails and Champagne cocktails
  • Minibar
  • Drinks and Food from room service menu
  • Drinks from theme bar menus
  • 30% discount on bottles of wine and champagne from our wine lists

Can be consumed in all onboard bars as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, including speciality restaurants. 

Sorry yes it is, this all gets so confusing, no Gelato - my bad.

Sorry guys.

I only saw on msc site today that the packages have changed.  We are due to travel on the bellisima in May and have the ‘all inclusive bar and restaurant’ package.

Any idea how we will be affected.

thanks 

Edited by Scotsgirl01
Spelling errors

24 minutes ago, Scotsgirl01 said:

Sorry guys.

I only saw on msc site today that the packages have changed.  We are due to travel on the bellisima in May and have the ‘all inclusive bar and restaurant’ package.

Any idea how we will be affected.

thanks 

You will be fine, all existing packages are being honoured.

On 11/21/2018 at 11:00 AM, ziggyuk said:

If this is true (still no offers in online account) it will be a shame for anyone who had an imminent sailing who were forced to buy the new packages between 11th November and now.

I booked cruise on 10th and have booked classic package  after with no problems.

I am booked for Aurea whirlpool suite in February and was to have the Classic package. Will this be honored as I see it is the Easy package now. Much less of a package it seems. Is it written anywhere that my old package will be honored? Or will I need to have this conversation when I get on board? Thank you!

This all seems very confusing. My mum and i are sailing on the 10th of January on the Divina and have the Deluxe drinks package now these have all changed how will we find out what we are still entitled to. I know when booking we had the Mini bar and Gelato and the more expensive drinks up to 12$ if i remember correctly. Bit worried now we won't get what we paid for. Thanks for any help.

3 hours ago, finnkle said:

I am booked for Aurea whirlpool suite in February and was to have the Classic package. Will this be honored as I see it is the Easy package now. Much less of a package it seems. Is it written anywhere that my old package will be honored? Or will I need to have this conversation when I get on board? Thank you!

2 hours ago, suzannecorreia said:

This all seems very confusing. My mum and i are sailing on the 10th of January on the Divina and have the Deluxe drinks package now these have all changed how will we find out what we are still entitled to. I know when booking we had the Mini bar and Gelato and the more expensive drinks up to 12$ if i remember correctly. Bit worried now we won't get what we paid for. Thanks for any help.

All existing packages are being honoured just as you booked them.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, charliemikeoh said:

How frustrating.  I decided to upgrade to the Classic (booked in July with DOU promo).  Can't do it.  No notice to us that this option would be closed.  Not happy they can change the terms without notice.  We have the brochure with the options from our booking!

I feel for you, it was only by chance and a stroke of luck I discovered the change, it was really bad they did not communicate out the new deadline to customers with existing bookings.

We are booked to sail next November on Opera and when I looked the drinks  package was £440 each but now its £590 each! No info about it I just looked and discovered it. Not happy at £300 increase for the two of us. Also it seems tips are compulsory now. 

Oh dear me if service is terrible we still must pay? So what is the incentive to give good service?

18 hours ago, ikea logistics said:

Theres no tips involved in the drinks if you take the package there as always been a 15% service charge if you didn't

Sorry the tips I was referring to are the daily gratuities applied. Over £400 for our cruise, if  the service is not so good you still must pay the full amount. 

17 minutes ago, rosie798 said:

Sorry the tips I was referring to are the daily gratuities applied. Over £400 for our cruise, if  the service is not so good you still must pay the full amount. 

The daily service charge has always been there you can go to customer services and have it removed just like most other cruise lines apart from P&O now.