Carnival Splendor Steam Room

wealwayswander

Hi 

It looks like the only steam rooms are part of the cloud9 spa, you would have to pay extra (day/week pass) for entry if you are not in a Spa cabin. 

It does appear that there is a "sauna" that would be available to everyone in the gym locker rooms (one ladies/one men's), but I would guess that would be a dry sauna, not a steam room. I could be wrong. I haven't been on that ship. The gym, the change rooms, the showers, and the sauna would be open to everyone, all the rest would be part of the cloud 9 spa. If you google Splendor deck plans, just look at the "spa deck" plans.

hope this helps

7 hours ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi 

It looks like the only steam rooms are part of the cloud9 spa, you would have to pay extra (day/week pass) for entry if you are not in a Spa cabin. 

It does appear that there is a "sauna" that would be available to everyone in the gym locker rooms (one ladies/one men's), but I would guess that would be a dry sauna, not a steam room. I could be wrong. I haven't been on that ship. The gym, the change rooms, the showers, and the sauna would be open to everyone, all the rest would be part of the cloud 9 spa. If you google Splendor deck plans, just look at the "spa deck" plans.

hope this helps

Thank You for the reminder about the change rooms. I'm planning a 4 night cruise aboard the Splendour in a Spa Obstructed Oceanview stateroom in November, 2020. I need to wear sandals in the pool for safety on getting out-handicapped and use a Rollator to help with balance. I could shower and change in the Spa and make sure my shoes are sturdy with well-gripping soles to reduce the risk of falls.

Another person warned to be careful on the wet floor-thank you to whoever mentioned that, I don't remember but your information was a timely reminder for me to put sandals for the Spa on my clothing list. Yes, I've started planning  extremely early, but already found a nice dress for the evening and put it on layby.

When my sister and I were on the Splendor, we adored the Cloud 9 spa.  We actually found that it was cheaper to get a cloud 9 spa interior room than to buy the pass.  We LOVED those rooms.  The spa amenities are awesome and so worth it.  Spent a lot of time in the T-pool.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:23 PM, riffatsea said:

Be aware that the steam rooms(there are several) are VERY hot and steamy!

This may seem silly to say but MR Riff loves steam rooms and he found the ones on Splendor to be too hot for him! Don't stay in too long!

Thank You for the warning. I had not yet thought about the Steam Rooms, more interested in the Thalassotherapy pool, even just walking up and down in the water is really good exercise for me. I already have noted to purchase a rash vest for sun protection-very fair skin, and I do sunburn very easily despite lavish application. Oh! Price a waterproof watch for myself, so I can more easily monitor time between applications. THANK YOU! You managed to jog my memory about taking a waterproof watch with me, my current one isn't waterproof.