Grab your Old Drink Packages Now

sidari

4 hours ago, sidari said:

Suzieanna ... I asked on a UK MSC facebook page and yes it seems Gelato is still included for your cruise.

YAY!!!    I will probably only have about 2 over the three weeks..... but it’s about principles int it!  Thanks for clarifying it! 

1 hour ago, staceyeileen said:

I booked fantastica in May 2018 for a June 2019 Seaview sailing.  Are you saying I will still get drink vouchers?  I do not have the Drinks on Us package.

I booked Preziosa for 2020 and was told no drink vouchers for US booked Fantastica cabins.  As per usual the new wording on the new experience comparison PDF is obscure, but basically it still says none after this winter - which is basically the same as the March 25, 2019 date on the experience web page.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Discover-MSC/Our-Fares.aspx

Experience Benefits Nov 2018.pdf

12 hours ago, sidari said:

Spoke to our travel agent yesterday who sails MSC and Costa and the other lines when it takes him, he is sailing Costa again over New Year and tells me the New drink packages on MSC are now very similar to Costa!

At least Mr. Onorato was Costa lines CEO... And they might have some other top officials that were former Costa or Carnival group employees... No surprise!... 🙂

12 minutes ago, lylymoon said:

Good evening to all, just tried to upgrade my DOU package to the classic for my may 2019 cruise on Seaside...was told it was not possible ...I don't understand..is it possible or not 😐...?

It's possible if you booked prior to November 12 and had the DOU package to upgrade to the Classic or Deluxe packages under the old pricing. If booked afterwards, you will have to upgrade to the new packages only. We were able to upgrade to Classic from DOU with no problem 2 days ago. It was probably the quickest call I've ever experienced with MSC. I hope this helps.

53 minutes ago, QCruzes said:

It's possible if you booked prior to November 12 and had the DOU package to upgrade to the Classic or Deluxe packages under the old pricing. If booked afterwards, you will have to upgrade to the new packages only. We were able to upgrade to Classic from DOU with no problem 2 days ago. It was probably the quickest call I've ever experienced with MSC. I hope this helps.

I do have DOU and cruise was booked in August...I will try back tomorrow... 😕

10 hours ago, staceyeileen said:

I booked fantastica in May 2018 for a June 2019 Seaview sailing.  Are you saying I will still get drink vouchers?  I do not have the Drinks on Us package.

I booked January 2018 for April 2019, after arguing with a csa for an hour, and then insisting on speaking to a supervisor, and a period on hold when I presume a conference was held. I was assured that fantastica vouchers booked before August would be honored after March.

9 hours ago, lylymoon said:

I called in yesterday to upgrade to deluxe from DOU through the US number.  the first agent told me it was not possible.  I called back and got a different agent who was able to do the upgrade.  They did require payment over the phone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidari said:

I find it somewhat odd that North Americans are not being allowed to book a package where they only have a cruise booked prior to November 11th unlike the UK and Europe.

Superior  consumer protection laws in the UK and EU. Probably  dont even exist in Florida.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sidari said:

I find it somewhat odd that North Americans are not being allowed to book a package where they only have a cruise booked prior to November 11th unlike the UK and Europe.

I still have the accent, and I'm still a British subject,  maybe I should call the UK customer service centre? Does anyone have the direct number, not the freephone number?

8 hours ago, ssmea03 said:

I was assured that fantastica vouchers booked before August would be honored after March.

You caught them with an error on the April 2018 brochure.  I don't know how many people will be able to get through that loophole.  Possibly only if they have a record of sending you one.  Or maybe August was when they changed it on their web pages, I can't remember -  so that booking date could apply to everyone.

Even the new wording in the US website experience comparison PDF is confusing.  Rather than stating "The 12-drink vouchers package will be included with the Fantastica Experience for cruises until March 25, 2019." it reads "The 12 drink voucher package is able to be purchased until the last sailing of the Winter season, which will vary by ship."

So does that mean if you book before Winter season ends or sail before Winter season ends?  I'm still being told my recent 2020 US bookings don't include them.  Unfortunately it seems yet another poor translation of what they are trying to express.  The first version was clear enough and still exists on the experience web page, this PDF version just complicates things.  But I'm pretty sure many of us will not get Fantastica vouchers after March 25, 2019.  I just hope they offer something as a replacement.  I was just looking at a sailing where Fantastica was $500 more per person than Bella, huh?

14 hours ago, lylymoon said:

Then you should be able to do it. This is the email I got after inquiring on November 20.

Good afternoon.  Please disregard my email from last night.  The system just re-opened the upgrade packages for the Drinks On Us Promotion, and they are now available for purchase.  Therefore, the All-Inclusive “Classic” Drink Upgrade Package you wished to purchase last week is now available.  The cost is $252.00.  The cost to upgrade to the All-Inclusive “Deluxe” Package is $364.00.  

Please call in to our contact center, and any of our agents can assist you. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and please accept my apologies for the miscommunication from last evening.  Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving holiday!

Let us know how it goes. I think the deadline is December 5 or 6. 

2 hours ago, QCruzes said:

Then you should be able to do it. This is the email I got after inquiring on November 20.

Good afternoon.  Please disregard my email from last night.  The system just re-opened the upgrade packages for the Drinks On Us Promotion, and they are now available for purchase.  Therefore, the All-Inclusive “Classic” Drink Upgrade Package you wished to purchase last week is now available.  The cost is $252.00.  The cost to upgrade to the All-Inclusive “Deluxe” Package is $364.00.  

Please call in to our contact center, and any of our agents can assist you. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and please accept my apologies for the miscommunication from last evening.  Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving holiday!

Let us know how it goes. I think the deadline is December 5 or 6. 

Just tried...and no luck told me that the option was not available....it is getting ridiculous 😞

I'm wondering how this is going to be handled onboard with everyone having different (both the old and the new) packages.  I can just imagine the queues at the Customers Services desks as I write.  😱 🙄

Thanks for the heads-up, Dave!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Até said:

You caught them with an error on the April 2018 brochure.  I don't know how many people will be able to get through that loophole.  Possibly only if they have a record of sending you one.  Or maybe August was when they changed it on their web pages, I can't remember -  so that booking date could apply to everyone.

Even the new wording in the US website experience comparison PDF is confusing.  Rather than stating "The 12-drink vouchers package will be included with the Fantastica Experience for cruises until March 25, 2019." it reads "The 12 drink voucher package is able to be purchased until the last sailing of the Winter season, which will vary by ship."

So does that mean if you book before Winter season ends or sail before Winter season ends?  I'm still being told my recent 2020 US bookings don't include them.  Unfortunately it seems yet another poor translation of what they are trying to express.  The first version was clear enough and still exists on the experience web page, this PDF version just complicates things.  But I'm pretty sure many of us will not get Fantastica vouchers after March 25, 2019.  I just hope they offer something as a replacement.  I was just looking at a sailing where Fantastica was $500 more per person than Bella, huh?

August, but I don't no the exact date, is when they published their decision to end them. They are however continuing as a promotion for Armonia through 2020.

4 hours ago, lylymoon said:

Just tried...and no luck told me that the option was not available....it is getting ridiculous 😞

Keep trying, some agents are more informed than others. Also most people that claim success upgrade to deluxe.

9 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I'm wondering how this is going to be handled onboard with everyone having different (both the old and the new) packages.  I can just imagine the queues at the Customers Services desks as I write.  😱 🙄

Not  to mention the CC meet and greet.

12 hours ago, sidari said:

Don't want to hijack politics here... But, once you asked... Here it comes, Sid: Last week, independent European Parliament Deputy António Marinho e Pinto from Portugal gave a very interesting interview on a Portuguese television (I won't post a link once it is in Portuguese only) where he very well described in general what is adequate to situations like that you are describing: Europe (including the UK) has only 7% of the world's population; produces 20% of the world's GDP and spends almost 50% of all the social spendings in the world, including consumer protection and other legal citizen protections!...

I don't want to expand a little more... Let me just to say that, even in the best scenarios with the most "European minded" President it would be a dream for the Americans to have the same consumer protection levels we enjoy here in Europe! Certainly, part of the American market is more demanding at certain extent than a big portion of the European market. That solves partially the question... But it is not even something near the same thing!

Have a nice day!... 🙂

55 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

This is EXACTLY the problem!... Oh: And to not talk about all of those who have never heard about all of this till they board the ship just to discover that nobody knows what the real rules are in place!... 😞 Let us to see the next episodes... 😞 

Have a nice day!... 🙂

Nuna ... There appears to not be a problem so far, the Classic package can buy drinks up to $12 which is the limit for the new Premium package, Deluxe package holders are being given items in Premium plus so far. For those who are not aware they will still get what they booked before November 11th 2018, sadly they likely will not get the chance to upgrade unless they can do it once onboard but may have to pay the 15% gratuity.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

This is EXACTLY the problem!... Oh: And to not talk about all of those who have never heard about all of this till they board the ship just to discover that nobody knows what the real rules are in place!... 😞 Let us to see the next episodes... 😞 

Have a nice day!... 🙂

You seem to be waiting for everything to go wrong?

• Like 1