Drink pricing and more

FrankNBrew

First off, is there a way to search the boards by cruise line? I only see one search box, and it searches all boards. A better search may reduce the number of postings.

Now on to the important question: How much do drinks cost on board Liberty of the Seas? Bourbon and coke. Vodka and cranberry. Bud Light. Bucket of beer. And those types of things. We have a $225 on board credit, and plan to use this for drinks.

If we decided to buy the drink package in advance, to take advantage of upcoming black Friday/cyber Monday deals, we could not use this on-board credit (from travel agent) toward a drink package, can we? 

How does the non-alcoholic drink package work? What prevents 2 people from sharing one soft drink package? Let's say the wife likes a good coffee in the morning, bottled water throughout the day, and her husband likes a soda with dinner. 

Last question. What other items can we expect to use the credit to purchase on-board? 

I was on a 3-day Carnival in around 2004, and my wife was on Royal Caribbean around 2000. So we're practically virgins cruisers. All answers appreciated!!

36 minutes ago, FrankNBrew said:

First off, is there a way to search the boards by cruise line? I only see one search box, and it searches all boards. A better search may reduce the number of postings.

The only way I have figured is to go to the drop down that lets you search for posts about a ship. Then, after you get all the search results for that ship, change the terms in the search box to what you actually want.  #inefficient

Not sure of prices; but I can help answer your question about the onboard credit from your travel agent.  You can use this credit toward gratuities, and any unused onboard credit from a travel agent can be refunded to you in cash at the end of the cruise.  Just visit guest services.  Your statement would show it as refundable.  It is just onboard credit from Royal that is non refundable.  So; if you think you might drink enough to get the package, I would purchase it at the discounted price.  I hope this helps.

4 hours ago, FrankNBrew said:

Now on to the important question: How much do drinks cost on board Liberty of the Seas? Bourbon and coke. Vodka and cranberry. Bud Light. Bucket of beer. And those types of things. We have a $225 on board credit, and plan to use this for drinks.

If we decided to buy the drink package in advance, to take advantage of upcoming black Friday/cyber Monday deals, we could not use this on-board credit (from travel agent) toward a drink package, can we? 

How does the non-alcoholic drink package work? What prevents 2 people from sharing one soft drink package? Let's say the wife likes a good coffee in the morning, bottled water throughout the day, and her husband likes a soda with dinner. 

Last question. What other items can we expect to use the credit to purchase on-board? 

I was on a 3-day Carnival in around 2004, and my wife was on Royal Caribbean around 2000. So we're practically virgins cruisers. All answers appreciated!!

Haven’t sailed on the Liberty for a while but rough estimates of drink prices. Beer $6-8; basic mixed drinks around $8-10; frozen drinks $12-14; wine $8 and up. Can of soda $4.  There is also 18% gratuity added to these prices.  

On board credit can can be used to your daily gratuities that are billed to your account daily. $14.50 per person per day for non-suite standard cabins. 

Sharing drinks is is not allowed. People still do but if you are caught the package will be canceled with no refund. RC could put you ashore (probably wouldn’t but it’s stealing). Let your own conscience guide you. If you don’t want to buy a package then drink the drinks included with your cruise. 

On board credit can can be used in the shops, photos, bars, restaurants etc. 

8 hours ago, FrankNBrew said:

First off, is there a way to search the boards by cruise line? ...

If you click in the search box, you are given the option to limit the search to the present forum.

One weird note about drinks with vodka in them... I often get a vodka/cranberry/Sprite Zero on Radiance, and I swear that sometimes they were putting vanilla stoli in there instead of plain vodka... especially in the pool areas.  I have no idea why this would have happened, but my drinks at the pool definitely tasted off...

On 11/22/2018 at 5:19 AM, Host Clarea said:

If you click in the search box, you are given the option to limit the search to the present forum.

I still can’t figure that out. I’ll keep trying. 

I forgot I can bring 12 bottles of soda on board. And if my wife doesn’t care for the on board water we can get a case of water and a coffee card for much less than 1 drink package. 

On 11/22/2018 at 2:19 AM, Host Clarea said:

OH! I see it! it was hiding under a drop-down of my recent searches. (ESC closed that list but left the menu for limiting the search.) THANK YOU THANK YOU!

3 hours ago, crystalspin said:

OH! I see it! it was hiding under a drop-down of my recent searches. (ESC closed that list but left the menu for limiting the search.) THANK YOU THANK YOU!

You're welcome.