Daylight Savings Times Questions

All of the above. 

I've been on cruises where the ship changed time to match the destination and I've been on cruises when the ship didn't change time and you had to be very mindful of the time difference between the ship and local time.

I have not tested this statement since my recent Oasis cruise did not change zones, but a blurb on the tv while on board said that the RC app for your phone will always show the ship time.  

I realize it does not accurately answer your question, but the "it depends" answer is correct.

Knowing ship time will help to keep you from being left behind. 

I set my phone on a manual clock setting so I can be sure to be on ship time.  I  confirm the correct ship time just prior to leaving the ship -and then confirm the local time once on the dock.  Keeps me straight and on the correct time.   If there is a difference between local and ship time you will read it on the compass or hear on the morning CD show. 

Good luck. 

M

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I set my phone on a manual clock setting so I can be sure to be on ship time.  I  confirm the correct ship time just prior to leaving the ship -and then confirm the local time once on the dock.  Keeps me straight and on the correct time.   If there is a difference between local and ship time you will read it on the compass or hear on the morning CD show. 

Good luck. 

M

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

I've never understood these ship time/local time/DST etc questions.  Just pay attention to what's on the ship clocks and act accordingly.

If your phone switches to local time after you get off the ship and you aren't aware of the change then it could be a problem, thinking your phone is on the same time as the ship when it isn't.

FWIW, I've tried using the manual clock setting on an iPhone to deal with the difference between ship time and local time and it causes other headaches with everything from photo time stamps to WiFi calling. Apple and/or the app developers apparently don't support manual time settings very well. In any event, the Royal app shows the correct ship time.