Delux Drink Package - Watch out - Deceptive Not a sale !

TTraub1250

30 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The thing is, you can't say for sure that this particular sale is what caused the price drop. Most large cabin price drops are not because of "sales", but because that particular sailing is not selling well at current prices and RCI has decided the cut the pricing.

Not the cabin, the drink + internet package.  And the sailing is over a year from now.  It was more expensive the day before the Black Friday sale.  It's still not a great deal but certainly cheaper than it was before the sale.

4 minutes ago, Cheezus said:

Not the cabin, the drink + internet package.  And the sailing is over a year from now.  It was more expensive the day before the Black Friday sale.  

In this particular case it may be related, but other times you just don't know.

56 minutes ago, Froggy1369 said:

Thank him for his service from me please. And thank you to you and his mom. It takes a lot to be a parent of a service member. 

My real father was a nuke on the Nautilus in Groton shortly before she was decommissioned. 

Wow, there's some history there. 

Thank you and yours as well. Rough being overseas for a long time.

You don't need a drink package. We always bring on two bottles of wine each in our carry on. I also bring couple of bottles of vodka and/or other spirits in translucent packages. Been on 20+ cruises and never an issue. We save several hundred dollars each cruise and use the money to buy another cruise. Just returned from Adventure 6 day. best wishes...

36 minutes ago, twangster said:

Of course you don't need a drink package.  You don't need specialty dining.  You don't need internet.  You don't need a balcony.  You don't need a suite. 

Sometimes I like all of the above.  

You can drink without a drink pkg. 🍺

We have a suite booked next year with no balcony. 😱

• Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 10:57 AM, twangster said:

The BOGO clearly states the displayed price includes the discount already applied. 

Price Shown Reflects Your Discount

The BOGO 50% is based on onboard prices not the last sale price from some other day.  

As humans it's easy to quickly glance and make assumptions but if you fully read everything it isn't deceptive.

Agree. This comes up every few weeks, it is a REAL sale based on what the price is if purchased on board. With prices that keep going up this is a good deal compared to sailing in next yr or 2. Pay now or pay alot later. At least there is choice Pay now, price goes down, cancel and get the better deal. Most retail places won't let you do that...

Edited by ONECRUISER

On 11/23/2018 at 8:47 AM, TTraub1250 said:

It has been $52/person/day for many weeks and today it is advertised as BO get 50% off.  When you put it in your cart it comes out at $52/day/person, so there is no real sale. This is deceptive advertising to me and Royal Caribbean must have hired people from the airline industry, who have less integrity,  and are dragging down the "brand".  Oct 2018 paid $39/person/day on this same ship.... Anthem of the Seas.  

Screenshot (277).png

We gt ours for $45. pp/pd

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

You can drink without a drink pkg. 🍺

We have a suite booked next year with no balcony. 😱

Wasn't too long ago none of Royal ships had any Balcony's, suites included. My first cruise on brand new ship had tiny Port Hole and was only 122 Square Feet cabin. But as I often say back then you could Skeet Shoot off back of the ship... But speaking of Balcony's, last nite saw my first real Whales(besides Shamu). While leaving Port on the Serenade Capt had to slow down as we took wide turn going around them. Humpback's...

Edited by ONECRUISER

On 11/23/2018 at 10:31 AM, Keri's Cruisin' said:

RIGHT! Don't say it's a sale when it's not.  It was $49/day 2 days ago.  Today it says "BOGO 50% off"  Black Friday Sale!  And guess what the price still is: $49/day.  What a joke...I assumed when I checked out the discount would come off, thus really would be a sale, but no.  It was still $49/day.  What upsets me is that last week when it was listed at $49/day it did not say it was a % discount over onboard pricing.  There was no banner across it stating it was discounted.  Now today there is the BOGO banner across it with the same pricing. Just disappointing is all.😞

Ours was $45/pp/pd on Friday, we bought it.

6 hours ago, LSUfan4444 said:

The deluxe package has been $52/day for weeks and the most recent sale has dropped the price to $49/day. I consider that a sale but I never focus or even really think about the "discount"....just focus on the bottom line price.

My cruise too.  NOS for next May.  Been $52 for months.  Dropped to $49 so I bought it, will watch for price drop but it sounds like after the 1st of the year everything will just keep going up in price...

22 minutes ago, Keri's Cruisin' said:

Lucky! Lowest my sailing has ever been is $49 so I booked it today.  Will watch and see, maybe it will go down but I doubt it. 

It was 15 for refreshment pkg and 45 for deluxe on Friday through Saturday....  we indeed lucked out.

8 hours ago, Cheezus said:

Not the cabin, the drink + internet package.  And the sailing is over a year from now.  It was more expensive the day before the Black Friday sale.  It's still not a great deal but certainly cheaper than it was before the sale.

The deluxe package went down too for the Symphony with this sale. We were being quoted almost $100 more for the two of us last week ($68/pp)when we tried to call and get a missed Crown and Anchor offer applied (missed the e-mail by a day, I was in the woods backpacking). The BOGO drop to $52 pp matched the expired Crown and Anchor offer I had, so I took it.

The $52 matches the lowest I've seen it since we started watching it upon booking, so we took it. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/25/2018 at 6:40 PM, sspizza said:

You don't need a drink package. We always bring on two bottles of wine each in our carry on. I also bring couple of bottles of vodka and/or other spirits in translucent packages. Been on 20+ cruises and never an issue. We save several hundred dollars each cruise and use the money to buy another cruise. Just returned from Adventure 6 day. best wishes...

What type of translucent packages for spirits? The Original clear bottle they come in or something else? I was going to forgo the drink package but they said I could only bring wine. I don't drink wine. But if I can bring vodka and gin...I'll cancel my package.

• 2 months later...
On 12/21/2018 at 3:50 AM, Adkgirl79 said:

What type of translucent packages for spirits? The Original clear bottle they come in or something else? I was going to forgo the drink package but they said I could only bring wine. I don't drink wine. But if I can bring vodka and gin...I'll cancel my package.

amazon.com look for rum runners...

Spectrum was $47 a day per person and we missed that....I saw the BOGO 50% off but it looked like not the deal it should have been. I ended up booking $50 a day pp but 2 days later it went to $47 again so I canceled and rebooked the lower rate....no problem. If I see it go lower I will do the same again.

18 hours ago, sspizza said:

amazon.com look for rum runners...

For those of us traveling to the other side of the world for our cruise this is way too much work....but if driving to port or short flights it could be a great option.

• 3 months later...