Coco Cay question.

kelbell

I just posted this question in "ports of call" then thought I should post here.

I read they have day beds and clam shells you can rent, but when I go into

excursions only cabanas are there?  Can someone  please explain how I rent a day

bed or clam shell.  We have never been to coco cay and there will be 13 of us. 

Thank you.

Usually only 1 ship at a time, unless there are 2 small, old ships....that's rare, tho.

Not all available rentals show at one time, so keep checking if you feel you must rent something.  Loungers are everywhere and free to all.  With that large of a group, I'm pretty sure you won't all be together all of the time.

11 minutes ago, kelbell said:

Thank you, This will be a silly questions, but how many ships are there

in port at a time?  

Normally one ship, but with the pier, they will be able to dock an Oasis class ship there, which is like 2 - 3 of the smaller ships like Majesty/Vision/Radiance.

Just an FYi, the cabanas and clam shells are at the furthest part of the island, away from everything,  There are 2 bars (1 in the water).  If you are looking for peace and quiet, it's a great spot.  A shuttle is available.  If you like to be in the middle of everything, probably not the best spot.

Learned from experience 🙂

6 hours ago, torbs said:

Just an FYi, the cabanas and clam shells are at the furthest part of the island, away from everything,  There are 2 bars (1 in the water).  If you are looking for peace and quiet, it's a great spot.  A shuttle is available.  If you like to be in the middle of everything, probably not the best spot.

Learned from experience 🙂

Not any more.  The BEACH BEDS and BUNGALOWS are far away.  The cabanas are on the other side of the finger from the wave runners.

And there is a bar at the cabana area also.

The other reason they may not be showing up is because they may be sold out.

Just now, parothead said:

i see 3 different cabana locations listed anyone have any opinions on which is best?  7 of us in all one child

Check the limits, I believe some have a limit of 6 people.

Just now, philpcruiser said:

We'll be in coco cay for the first time next month.  Can anyone tell us how it compares to Disney ' s  castaway  cay?  Is food served on coco cay or do you need to return to the ship?  

BBQ lunch on the island is included with your basic cruise fare.

1 hour ago, philpcruiser said:

We'll be in coco cay for the first time next month.  Can anyone tell us how it compares to Disney ' s  castaway  cay?  Is food served on coco cay or do you need to return to the ship?  

Coco Cay is fine, but adjust your expectations if you have experienced Castaway Cay.   Watch some walk through videos of it on YouTube.   It doesn’t feel like a resort escape like Castaway Cay does - this feels like a beach excusion at any random Caribbean port.  And the food is really not good at all... dried out burgers and flavorless grey hot dogs, etc.  It will get you through the day, but you will look forward to getting a snack back on board. 

FYI is you get a Beach Bungalow or Beach Bed, there is a different menu.  You order the day before and it is delivered to your Bungalow or Bed.

If you have Cabana or are a Full Suite guest, there is a upgraded buffet in the Cabana area.  They grill the meats at the buffet.

10 hours ago, disneyfan1313 said:

Coco Cay is fine, but adjust your expectations if you have experienced Castaway Cay.   Watch some walk through videos of it on YouTube.   It doesn’t feel like a resort escape like Castaway Cay does - this feels like a beach excusion at any random Caribbean port.  And the food is really not good at all... dried out burgers and flavorless grey hot dogs, etc.  It will get you through the day, but you will look forward to getting a snack back on board. 

Thanks for the 'warning'.  We are not really beach people, but castaway cay has other things to do.  We'll plan a walk around, take pictures, and head back to enjoy the ship.