Excursion Discounts

richfret

Saw this under Carnival Terms and Conditions:

SHORE EXCURSIONS - 48 Hour After Booking offer (20%, 10%, 15%, 5% offers)

In order to be eligible to receive the coupon offer for this promotion, you must (1) reserve the applicable shore excursion prior to the commencement of your cruise; and (2) the order must be placed with 48 hours of booking your cruise. This offer is not available for any tours occurring in Alaska, Cuba or Hawaii. If you cancel your excursion 24 hours prior to sailing, a refund will be issued to the originating credit card. If you cancel your excursion onboard, an onboard credit will be issued. The onboard credit is nonrefundable, non-transferable, and has no cash value. The terms that are in effect at the time of your booking will determine your eligibility under the Shore Excursion coupon offer. No change in the Shore Excursion discount offer will affect any coupon that has already been issued to you. The failure by Carnival Cruise Line to enforce any provision of these Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.

Is this some thing new?  Have completed 21 Carnival cruises and never came across this.

The discount for booking excursions within a short timeframe after booking the cruise has been there for a while - at least a year, in my limited experience - we got the offer when we booked a cruise last December, which was first time booking through Carnival directly.  Maybe if you use an online or human TA, you aren't made aware of that offer?

25 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i heard about it. what happens if you book a cruise and there is no excursions listed? how does that work? 

Indeed, I have a future cruise booked out far enough there are no excursions yet.  Maybe once they get finalized/arranged they offer all current bookings the same discount for a similar window of opportunity.  Or maybe not.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

My excursions prices were for instance the river tour of belize river and zoo 79.99 prior to leaving on the cruise and 94.99 once onboard. ... but never advertised as being discounted

I just got back a week ago, so i dont know how these new discounts would affect the prices pre boarding.