Miami hotel "score" on Hotwire - Cyber Monday

cpayne

We are sailing out of Miami on March 3 and need a pre sail hotel.  Given it's Miami and Spring Break season even 2.5* properties were running $150 and up.  Scored a 4* property on hotwire today for $117 + tax!!!!  Thrilled!!! 

Intercontinental Doral

Free airport shuttle

Shuttle to cruise pier $$

Cyber Monday code = CYBERSALE

Hope this helps someone!  

Good deal for spring break time.  Like Blue Lagoon and other MIA airport areas, hotels in Doral are good for those arriving late who just want dinner and a room before the cruise - you're a good distance from the dining and nightlife options found near downtown and South Beach hotels.

Have a great cruise!

• Now, go and join the IHG loyalty program.  You may not get anything right away, but you will gain status when you stay at any IHG, from those Holiday Inn Express properties to Intercontinentals and Kimpton.  They have specials once in awhile that are good for "members only."  And, this summer, they gave a "free gold" status for entry members if you enrolled - Nothing like free upgrades, free "raid the minibar" (at Kimpton).  
Edited by slidergirl

1 minute ago, slidergirl said:
  • Now, go and join the IHG loyalty program.  You may not get anything right away, but you will gain status when you stay at any IHG, from those Holiday Inn Express properties to Intercontinentals and Kimpton.  They have specials once in awhile that are good for "members only."  And, this summer, they gave a "free gold" status for entry members if you enrolled - Nothing like free upgrades, free "raid the minibar" (at Kimpton).  

We already have gold status with IHG due to my husband's frequent travel for work.  The best rate IHG had to offer by booking direct for this property was $150.  Thus making me even happier about the hotwire "score"!   

If we were looking for a property for an entire vacation I MIGHT be more hesitant, but for just an overnight stay pre cruise I'm more flexible.  Also, if you know how these sites work you can often guesstimate fairly accurately what property you will receive.  For example, they state the hotel you will be awarded will be one of the following 4 properties.  I reviewed each of the 4 and ALL were great options.  It stated the amenities offered and 1 listed was airport shuttle.  I called the 4 properties and 2 did not offer a shuttle.  I've now narrowed it down to 2 properties so a 50/50 chance.  It also said the last person to "win" this property received the Intercontinental.  Further supporting my "odds" of knowing which property I would receive.  Never a guarantee, though! 

• Like 1