Best fan for my cabin?

Kanebaby

So i'm used to sleeping with a fan every night blowing on me (not for the noise like many people). Does anyone know the best compact fan i can bring that will keep me cool? Also, are extension cords or power strips allowed? TIA.

I'm the exact same way, and I asked when I boarded if they could provide a fan.  One was in my room before bed that first night.  I'm not sure if this is always the case where they are available, but in my case it worked.  This was on the Harmony a couple weeks ago.

We have found that asking for a fan can be a little scattershot; I pretty much *need* a fan to sleep, so we've started bringing the Holmes Li'l Blizzard. It's not tiny, but it also moves air across the cabin well so we don't have to worry about an extension cord or anything. It tucks into a corner of our carryon and we generally stuff socks around it to make use of the space.

Glad I'm not the only one bringing a fan aboard!

I always bring a small 5in. electric desk fan.  Battery powered will NOT last for 7 nights...and batteries are HEAVY to carry!  I bring an extension cord, that does NOT have a "surge" suppressor as they are not allowed.  I need the air flow, also.  

My suitcase ended up in the naughty room when I packed a larger battery-operated fan. They did let me keep it after checking it out. I now have two USB fans (one for each of us) and a USB hub. One is the little O2COOL 5" fan that has lasted through several trips so far. The other is a Comfort Zone 4" Dual Powered High Velocity Fan, which I found being cleared out for $5, because it was missing the part to plug the USB cord into. That one has a really nice breeze as long as I am close to it. Both of these are small and light enough to stash in our carryons, so no more naughty room for us.

19 hours ago, sue2go said:

I need a fan also, and bought this one.  I took it on a road trip and the batteries lasted about a week running it all night.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001B16VT6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We take a fan very similar to this one, only ours is 10".  We got it for about $15 at Walmart.  It is battery or power cord operated.  We pack the fan with the batteries and the power cord in a ziplock bag outside the fan, so it's all visible during x-ray scanning.  We've never had it confiscated or end up in the naughty room.  

It went through fine on RCCL twice, NCL once, and HAL once, all since the beginning of 2017, with RCCL this October 2018.