RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

I received my royal up confirmation yesterday that I won my bid.  A little background information- It is myself and my son doing a quick getaway on Independence of the Seas Feb 18.  I booked an interior cabin when the covid numbers were down and the cabins were cheap.  I paid $619 including gratuities for the both of us.  A balcony cabin at that time was only about $100 more but at the time felt like I didn't need it.

Today with the way the numbers are I think I maybe in the cabin a little more so would utilize the balcony.  So I put in a bid for the min which was $75 per person or $150 total.  A lot cheaper than the going rate but more expensive than what I could have gotten it for.  Now that I have the balcony, I'm debating on putting in another bid for a suite.  ( I am assuming I can do this?). It seems this cheap quick getaway is getting more expensive. 😛  Thoughts?  I would bid the min if it is allowed.

Okay, I just tried to see what the bids would be and it gave me an error and said my sailing had to be within 30 days.  So I am assuming I am not eligible to put in another bid.

Edited by rs45thompson

2 hours ago, rs45thompson said:

I received my royal up confirmation yesterday that I won my bid.  A little background information- It is myself and my son doing a quick getaway on Independence of the Seas Feb 18.  I booked an interior cabin when the covid numbers were down and the cabins were cheap.  I paid $619 including gratuities for the both of us.  A balcony cabin at that time was only about $100 more but at the time felt like I didn't need it.

Today with the way the numbers are I think I maybe in the cabin a little more so would utilize the balcony.  So I put in a bid for the min which was $75 per person or $150 total.  A lot cheaper than the going rate but more expensive than what I could have gotten it for.  Now that I have the balcony, I'm debating on putting in another bid for a suite.  ( I am assuming I can do this?). It seems this cheap quick getaway is getting more expensive. 😛  Thoughts?  I would bid the min if it is allowed.

Okay, I just tried to see what the bids would be and it gave me an error and said my sailing had to be within 30 days.  So I am assuming I am not eligible to put in another bid.

I have read that it typically takes at least few days to get another bid opportunity after an upgrade (if you get one at all).  As you get an early upgrade, please come back and let us know if you are given another bidding opportunity.  I’d also like to hear the if a second opportunity was offerer to anybody else who has recently received an upgrade a week or more before their cruise.  I am currently bidding wonder if I get get an early upgrade if might get two bites at the proverbial apple if my first bid get accepted early.

I did not receive an invitation to do R oyalUP, so I tried to go into the RC and do it myself, but when I enter our name and Res. #, it keeps messaging to check if this is the correct info. Maybe RC is not allowing any royal UPs on Odyssey, Jan. 29?

6 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Thanks for your reply. I had several minimum bids from OV to bigger rooms or balconies on the Mariner but since then I’ve switched my booking to the Harmony. I’m waiting to see if Royal Up sends me a new offer to bid. 

To my SHOCK at check in today. I was upgraded to a balcony! So I did a $30 (60 total) bid from interior to Ocean View and ended up with a balcony! No second bid, no extra fee!

Edited by CanobieFan
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, CanobieFan said:

To my SHOCK at check in today. I was upgraded to a balcony! So I did a $30 (60 total) bid from interior to Ocean View and ended up with a balcony! No second bid, no extra fee!

What a wonderful surprise.  I gather you had not yet gotten an email about your bid. When had you last checked your bid status on the RoyalUp site?

Have a wonderful cruise.

7 hours ago, Janet524 said:

Just got the notice that my bid for a balcony on the 2/5/22 Enchantment cruise was accepted. I was pleasantly surprised because I bid under the "recommended" price.

I just did this for my upcoming sailing next Monday so hoping for the best!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ptf2009 said:

I did not receive an invitation to do R oyalUP, so I tried to go into the RC and do it myself, but when I enter our name and Res. #, it keeps messaging to check if this is the correct info. Maybe RC is not allowing any royal UPs on Odyssey, Jan. 29?

I bid on four different suites for our 1/29 Odyssey cruise. 

Yesterday cancelled three of them.  Should be some opened up now.  😉 

They are still inviting me to resubmit my bids...so yeah...they are still taking bids.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I bid on four different suites for our 1/29 Odyssey cruise. 

Yesterday cancelled three of them.  Should be some opened up now.  😉 

They are still inviting me to resubmit my bids...so yeah...they are still taking bids.  

Thank you, but every time I try the message says to check if there are any errors in what I entered....gggrrr

quick question: MY DH would like to know if Kendall Jackson wine is on the list for Diamond/diamond plus drinks either in the diamond lounge or at the bars?

Also, can we still get espressos in the diamond lounge throughout the day or just the morning hours?

15 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

Thank you, but every time I try the message says to check if there are any errors in what I entered....gggrrr

Try a different browser or clear your history, shut down and try again. On the app under the menues I have seen Kendall Jackson on the wine list. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

What a wonderful surprise.  I gather you had not yet gotten an email about your bid. When had you last checked your bid status on the RoyalUp site?

I got an email about the Interior upgrade to Ocean View like 3 days before leaving and that was the only bid I did. It was deck 4 and at the port they said I was now deck 8, so I didn't know it was a balcony till I got in the room! And the welcome aboard paper (and pre booked excursion) had pen marks scratching out the old room number and handwriting in the new number.

As for checking the pending i never really looked because I didn't care / expect to actually get it haha.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CanobieFan/status/1485061376217427974

Edited by CanobieFan
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, CanobieFan said:

I got an email about the Interior upgrade to Ocean View like 3 days before leaving and that was the only bid I did. It was deck 4 and at the port they said I was now deck 8, so I didn't know it was a balcony till I got in the room! And the welcome aboard paper (and pre booked excursion) had pen marks scratching out the old room number and handwriting in the new number.

As for checking the pending i never really looked because I didn't care / expect to actually get it haha.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CanobieFan/status/1485061376217427974

That’s wonderful.

I wonder, though, based on what you just posted if RoyalUp gave you the OV upgrade.  Then, to your good fortune, Royal Caribbean decided to move you for covid-spacing reasons, which resulted in the balcony upgrade.  Regardless, it is a nice cabin.  Have fun.

On 11/29/2021 at 5:55 PM, molly361 said:

How long does it take the Royal Up system before you can see the new pricing offers after you upgrade yourself?

Curious as to how long it took for the new offers to be reflected. I upgraded myself on Friday and I’m anxiously awaiting to place our new bids 

Coming back to update. We got our bid accepted for a Grand Suite 2BR on the Liberty of the Seas, up from a Junior Suite. We are excited to see what the perks are for a suite as we have never stayed in one before. Any advice or suggestions from you more experienced cruisers?