Rode the Coral Way free Trolley to/from PortMiami

SteerageJoe

Last week I hopped on the Coral Way Route Trolley to PortMiami.

I got on at one of the stops (northbound) in front of Bayside Marketplace (Downtown Miami). The driver announces the Port as a destination to make sure folks know it was not the Biscayne Route!

The speakers automatically announces the next stops. We stopped 4 times at the Port but I got the impression the drivers are somewhat flexible and will pick up folks who look lost and waving their arms from anywhere near the terminals (but do not quote me on this)!  See the map below for the 4 stops shown as orange flags. We traveled anti-clockwise. Cruise Terminal D was the furthest stop.

Several folks from a visiting ship got on and were shocked that the trolley is free and so convenient! Just talk to the drivers and tell them where you want to go and they will do their best to assist you.

And here is the best part - the driver let them out right next to Bayside (across the road from the parking garage). This meant these visitors had very short walks to/from the trolley in both directions when visiting Bayside as a shore trip!

Port-Trolley-Stops.jpg

Miami-Trolley.jpg

Edited by SteerageJoe

The trolleys are a great way to get around and like the metro mover, they are free! Thanks for posting your experience on the port stops, I'm always off before they go there. 

The trolleys don't make stops outside of where they are allowed to, but at the port it may be a different story than on the roadways.   

1 hour ago, FredZiffle said:

Any room for luggage, or is this strictly a passenger transport?

That is a good question. I saw no sign that prohibit luggage but I just do not know.

One person brought luggage as you can see in the photo below. 

However, the trolleys are smaller and in my opinion not designed for major cruise ship transport! They stop very briefly and keep moving.  

They carry workers to/from the port and cruise ship visitors who want to explore Miami.

I imagine problems when 10 people show up with luggage for a week-long cruise. That will slow things down and take up a lot of space.

Trolley-Interior.jpg

19 minutes ago, ETski said:

Does anyone know where the regular stops/pickups are at the port?

Please refer to the map early in this thread!

It stops at #1 . Then it stops at #2. Then at #4

my trolley also stopped between #2 and #4 (shown as #3) but I do not know if that is a regular stop. I think not.

Best advice is to look at the "live" trolley tracker - http://www.miamigov.com/trolley/