NY Times article on river level issues

Needzavacation

3 hours ago, Needzavacation said:

What a load of Pone and Trap (check urbandictionary.com) quote " Stuck in Vilshofen, Germany, and unable to make it to Passau, the next stop on the itinerary".

There has not beem one problem cruising between these two towns during the whole year.

A little or in this case no knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Edited by G.M.T.

1 hour ago, G.M.T. said:

What a load of Pone and Trap (check urbandictionary.com) quote " Stuck in Vilshofen, Germany, and unable to make it to Passau, the next stop on the itinerary".

There has not beem one problem cruising between these two towns during the whole year.

A little or in this case no knowledge is a dangerous thing.

The New York Times hasn't been 'fit to print' in many a year...

We are on the Crystal Mozart right now and did not go to Vilshofen. We were told our ship is too heavy and they decided to just spend the night on Passau and do our tour to Regensburg from there. They mentioned the clearance the ship needed and decided against it. Not an expert in this area - just stating what my ship decided to do. It was fine with us - we got our tour in Regensburg.

19 minutes ago, Coral said:

We are on the Crystal Mozart right now and did not go to Vilshofen. We were told our ship is too heavy and they decided to just spend the night on Passau and do our tour to Regensburg from there. They mentioned the clearance the ship needed and decided against it. Not an expert in this area - just stating what my ship decided to do. It was fine with us - we got our tour in Regensburg.

Crystal Mozart is quite mysterious about its draft and other sailing issues.  The ship looks wonderful from a passenger's perspective, but I recall that last year it was had trouble with low water before most other ships.  Either it's very deep, or the extra width means that it needs a wider channel.

7 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Crystal Mozart is quite mysterious about its draft and other sailing issues.  The ship looks wonderful from a passenger's perspective, but I recall that last year it was had trouble with low water before most other ships.  Either it's very deep, or the extra width means that it needs a wider channel.

I had heard that the ship almost doubled it's weight when Crystal refurbed it which makes it very heavy.

The ship is wonderful from the passenger perspective. I love this ship! Honestly - we don't feel that inconvenienced on this trip by the bus ride to Regensburg. We did not make it to Bratislava so we were bused today (and the ship docked in Vienna). Though some people were very happy to spend another day in Vienna and they ran shuttles into town.

It is wide but it should be able to make it to Bratislava and Vilshofen given somewhat normal water conditions. It did not go to Budapest the trip before but they put people up at the Ritz. They were not complaining.

Edited by Coral