Bliss / Live / Solo - Dec-01-08-2018...

sid_9169

The final day. Everyone's a bit heavier. No one wants to leave. Post cruise depression will be setting in soon. My countdown is exactly two months from today on the Breakaway out of New Orleans. A ten day Western Caribbean, my longest cruise ever. Unfortunately, I have nothing currently booked after that. I would like to try one of Royal Caribbeans mega ships, but they're a bit pricey for a solo. My goal is to try and pay down as much credit card debt as I can this coming year, but cruising doesn't help. That's pretty much where it all came from in the first place. Look, I'm rambling again. I dread having to get up way before sunlight tomorrow to make my 10:00 am flight. Also, I have to work tomorrow when I get back...

There are people napping already in the OL this morning. Didn't these people just wake up? 

IMG_20181207_090205.jpg

I ended up having to give up my reservation at La Cucina last night due to the Haven invitation. I went ahead and made a reservation for Q tonight. I've heard good things about it, but we do have a lot of great BBQ in the Atlanta area, so fingers crossed for a great meal...

MVIMG_20181206_143806.jpg

15 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Even worse. I actually have another shot at the master mixologist at the Haven bar and I can't taste anything nor do I actually feel good enough to drink...

so sorry to hear that!!  That picture of the braised short ribs and polenta........yum........

What wine did they offer with that?

• Like 1

I went out to try and catch a few rays on the final morning. We're getting close to Nassau now. I was thinking about my very first cruise back in 2010. The only non solo sailing I've ever done, it was a family Thanksgiving cruise. It was on the Carnival Fascination. I remember when we first got on board. I didn't know where anything was. It was awkward being around all these strangers packed so tightly together. I was regretting my decision pretty quickly.

But, then I awoke the next morning and took in the vast ocean around us. Drinking adult beverages by the pool in the middle of the day. Girls in bikinis everywhere, and some who shouldn't have been. Eating whenever I had the desire, which was often. I remember pulling into our first port, which was Nassau. I got off the ship by myself, as my family had gone to Atlantis. I exited the port area and into the city streets. I was in a strange new world, and I didn't really like it. I immediately headed straight back to the ship.

Now fast forward to my next, and very first solo cruise on the Carnival Glory. In each port I went out and explored on my own, without regard for anything but the adventure of it all. I felt right at home in these strange far away places. The day I got home, I booked another solo on the Carnival Breeze, and it was apparent that I was hooked.

For the past 4 years I've taken 17 solo cruises. My bank account is worse for the wear, but I don't care, I'm finally living......

• Like 20

5 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

For the past 4 years I've taken 17 solo cruises. My bank account is worse for the wear, but I don't care, I'm finally living......

What a great attitude!  You cannot take it with you, enjoy every day.  It has been great following your review.  I have only been on Norwegian and Royal so I am going to go look at your reviews for Carnival

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BigNance said:

so sorry to hear that!!  That picture of the braised short ribs and polenta........yum........

What wine did they offer with that?

They offered me a free bottle from the standard list, but I opted for a few different by the glass options for a slight upcharge. Unfortunately, I couldn't really taste any of it, but it did help me to finally get a good night's sleep. Also, I checked my account today, and none of the upcharges were there. Jovo must've taken care of it...

50 minutes ago, Lupush said:

Will there be any alcohol consumption today?

I'm going to try. I don't feel that bad, just congested. I will make my final appearance at Vibe today for shot o'clock, so who knows what that might lead to.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm going to try. I don't feel that bad, just congested. I will make my final appearance at Vibe today for shot o'clock, so who knows what that might lead to.

Some Jack will clear that right up, Brother.

• Like 1