Bliss / Live / Solo - Dec-01-08-2018...

sid_9169

8 hours ago, mccallister said:

Actually, NittanyCruise, if sid_9169 had not politicized his posts with these t-shirt photos, we wouldn’t even be discussing this. So, it is with HIM that you should have an issue with.

You sound like an extremely likeable person. I honestly don't have a problem with free speech, even if I don't agree with it. 

You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning... Well, I'm definitely not drinking all day today. First drink, a special request at mojito bar while Clarense isn't busy. Cucumber Cadillac margarita... 

For the record, I only had four glasses of wine for the entire day yesterday. That record was only bested by my Halloween cruise on the Escape last year, when on the last day I didn't have a single drink...

IMG_20181207_153751.jpg

6 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I guess it had to come to this... My first beer of the cruise. I just can't choke down any hard liquor while I'm feeling like this.

IMG_20181207_161128.jpg

I don't quite understand why you are even drinking at all while you are supposedly feeling so crappy.  That's not going to help anything at all and will keep you dehydrated.  But hey....whatever works for ya.  Hope you feel better.

• Like 1

When the deck plans and the first renderings of the Bliss came out, it appeared that the bed in the solo cabins were slightly smaller. That is indeed true, leaving a larger area between the bed and cabinets. The bed is still of plenty adequate size, and the foot of extra floor space is appreciated.

IMG_20181207_165442.jpg

8 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

IMG_20181206_124011.jpg

Seriously!!! People need to look up the definition of the word OBSERVATION, to understand what an observation lounge is for!!!

i wish NCL would hire me to go around blowing a bullhorn to wake these people up. 

Just arrived in Miami & are staying at the Hilton Blue Lagoon & just scheduled our Uber XL pickup for 10:15 tomorrow morning  👍👍

Edited by Noworkforme23
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Beachiekeen said:

The Bliss is certainly a beautiful ship and I thought we might consider it for a second Alaska cruise. But then I envision all the fighting for OL seats and public napping and it’s just kind of a turnoff. I don’t care anything about the Haven since we can’t afford it for Alaska, laser tag or bumper cars. So I’ll probably never see it in person but I’ve still really enjoyed this. Will definitely catch back up with you in 2 months for the next one!

I agree, the nappers  are a definite turn off.  I likely would not book the Bliss unless I stayed in the Haven because of this.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

IMG_20181207_135200.thumb.jpg.a5d6af11c6a3f00e62aa3274c9248606.jpg

Maltings and the outdoor Cavern Club Bar

IMG_20181207_135314.jpg

My ninth floor balcony was right above the outdoor Cavern Club. You could easily hear conversations from below while out on the balcony. It got pretty load down there a few nights.

I really enjoyed your live review. I hope I make it to SoCal taco in Miami pre cruise. Any tips for best time to go. How do they make the Contrue foam for that drink you posted. Here is my picture of the pineapple mojitos from Sugarcanes.  They did not sacrifice guality even when they were swapped. Not a bad way to spend time on that noisy balcony. 

20181028_160130.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 2+2 said:

My ninth floor balcony was right above the outdoor Cavern Club. You could easily hear conversations from below while out on the balcony. It got pretty load down there a few nights.

I really enjoyed your live review. I hope I make it to SoCal taco in Miami pre cruise. Any tips for best time to go. How do they make the Contrue foam for that drink you posted. Here is my picture of the pineapple mojitos from Sugarcanes.  They did not sacrifice guality even when they were swapped. Not a bad way to spend time on that noisy balcony. 

20181028_160130.jpg

I believe their happy hour is from 5-8 Monday through Friday. All of their drinks are top notch, and hand made ingredients. They make that foam in house. How, I have no idea.

Earlier, I was bored, so I went and stood in line at the internet cafe to see about a partial refund for my premium unlimited data plan. He said that I would be refunded two days worth, which worked out to be $59...

But, the only way to redeem this would be to visit the obc desk, which wasn't open at the moment. Anyway, long story short, I got $59 back, which takes the sting out a little on the crummy WiFi. I was able to, begrudgingly power through the rough times and hopefully given something everyone enjoyed. 

We're pulling out of Nassau now, and when day breaks, they'll be getting ready to throw us all off the ship in favor of a brand new group of passengers. I have a zero dark thirty wake up call, to try to be among the first off the ship to make my ten o'clock flight. I've had exactly three drinks today, which is odd for me, but then my life is often odd...

I'll try to give you a little bit more tonight, and I have my other phone which contains all the photos from my day in Tortola, plus some other goodies... 

Thank all of you again for sticking it out...

IMG_20181207_191734.jpg

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

When the deck plans and the first renderings of the Bliss came out, it appeared that the bed in the solo cabins were slightly smaller. That is indeed true, leaving a larger area between the bed and cabinets. The bed is still of plenty adequate size, and the foot of extra floor space is appreciated.

IMG_20181207_165442.jpg

I have a REALLY BIG suitcase and the only place to stow it was between the bed and closet (I can't travel as light as you do, LOL!).  It was a pain to move it every time I needed to get in that closet.  Other than that (and the precariously perched GLASS dish in the shower), I loved the Studio Cabin on Escape 👍