Suite lunch on port day

BoofromCO

We are booked for a royal suite and will be in Key West day 2.  I would like to get some feedback from anyone that has set up a lunch so early in the cruise in their suite.  Is the menu limited or have you been able to request something special and different.  We love Indian and sushi but it looks like Sushi on 5 would not be open that day during lunch hours and I’m not sure if we ask for Indian are we giving enough time to put together.  We would surely ask our butler on embarkation day to allow for planning!  Any great ideas are very appreciated.

Port days are the only days we don’t usually ask for anything special dining wise from the butler for the reasons explained by Jelayne...Also your butler could be on time off. I don’t think second day of cruise is an issue, it is simply that most restaurants are closed and many staff will be on time off....If it was a sea day it would not be an issue.

Also agree with Jelayne that the Indian selection in the buffet is really good, we always enjoy at least once a cruise.

I suggest on boarding you have a chat with your butler saying that you would like to enjoy a special Indian lunch one day in your cabin and ask him if it would be harder to arrange on a port day. If he says not then go ahead and sort if he says it would be easier to arrange on a sea day then go with the flow and either enjoy the buffet (which will be quiet) or enjoy one of the general room service offerings (yummy French fries!).

We frequently cruise in RS and our requests are almost invariably granted but we do try to ask for those ‘extra treats’ when they will not impact too much on the workload of the butler and other staff.

We have enjoyed meals not on any menu in our suite and in Murano’s. We always, as you suggested, discuss at least one day before with the butler/M’D.

Edited by chemmo
  • Thanks 1