Balcony dinners on small balconies

Grammyluvs

My husband and  I are sailing for the first time on the Regal. We have always had Caribe balconies which were larger. How does the Balcony dinner work on those small balconies on the Regal and Royal?   lt seems like it would be too crowded.

1 hour ago, Grammyluvs said:

My husband and  I are sailing for the first time on the Regal. We have always had Caribe balconies which were larger. How does the Balcony dinner work on those small balconies on the Regal and Royal?   lt seems like it would be too crowded.

My wife & I have enjoyed several UBDs on the smaller Royal-class balconies & will do it again on this class of ship.

It has 1 foot less deep (9’x4’ vs 9’x5’) but since the table is placed at the railing it didn’t affect our enjoyment.  It was tighter for the person not seated by the open slider to go into the cabin but was doable for me.

We’ve enjoyed the UBD on a large 9’x9’ Caribe balcony, on standard 9’x5’ and even inside our cabin due to inclement weather...all of them were great. 😃

34 minutes ago, stepmor99 said:

We have done the UBD on both the Regal and Royal a few times. The balcony was small but certainly doable. It is more a problem for the servers than it is for the participants. We will not hesitate to do it again.

We did this for the first time in November and will do it again over the Chef's Table that was definitely a feast.

As for room, as Astro Flyer indicated and stepmore99, it is harder, but doable.

8 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

My wife & I have enjoyed several UBDs on the smaller Royal-class balconies & will do it again on this class of ship.

It has 1 foot less deep (9’x4’ vs 9’x5’) but since the table is placed at the railing it didn’t affect our enjoyment.  It was tighter for the person not seated by the open slider to go into the cabin but was doable for me.

We’ve enjoyed the UBD on a large 9’x9’ Caribe balcony, on standard 9’x5’ and even inside our cabin due to inclement weather...all of them were great. 😃

FYI,

We're booked for the night in SF this spring.

3 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

We hope to have it on the same evening but with a lot of OBC will take our chances & book it onboard.

We will be doing the later booking time. They will do 2 each night as you know. We can talk the day we get on and coordinate if we need to. Cheryl may want to do SD once she knows I have booked it.

4 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

It's been 4 on the Grand Class as well.

Of course unless they have cut staff or cut back due to demand.

We were on the 60 night cruise, so demand may have been much lower and staffed that way

23 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

We hope to have it on the same evening but with a lot of OBC will take our chances & book it onboard.

Your saved Frank!

7 minutes ago, Bubbs33 said:

Oh my. I didn't realize there was a limit to the number of UBD each night. Is there also a limit to the UB breakfasts?

Didn't realize early booking might be a factor.

Since they bring it all at once and there are no servers etc I doubt it.

They just leave it.

1 hour ago, TheRabbit said:

Do they set up a table? If So, that could be a limit.

Our only UBB was on the Crown with a large balcony table on a larger Caribe deck balcony.  With most of the Royal-class balconies being only 9’x4’ with a small table for drinks, I think it would be necessary to provide a table like for the UBD.