Is this a a good upgrade offer?

Buddysmom10

Sailing on the Splendor next November,  24 days Transpacific.  Supposed to be nice weather, 80-ish the whole way.

We had booked an interior, pretty close to the cheapest offered, about six months ago.

I had been watching the prices and just yesterday the difference would have been $1370 more (total for the two of us) to upgrade to a balcony.

Today I received an email offer of total upgrade of $928 for a balcony deck 8 back.  Also received  a couple of other offers up to deck 8 midship for $998 total.

It's a better price than yesterday but the final payment is not due until July.  

What's your opinion on this?  That's about $40/day more for a balcony.  Do they keep sending "better" upgrade offers?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Buddysmom10 said:

Sailing on the Splendor next November,  24 days Transpacific.  Supposed to be nice weather, 80-ish the whole way.

We had booked an interior, pretty close to the cheapest offered, about six months ago.

I had been watching the prices and just yesterday the difference would have been $1370 more (total for the two of us) to upgrade to a balcony.

Today I received an email offer of total upgrade of $928 for a balcony deck 8 back.  Also received  a couple of other offers up to deck 8 midship for $998 total.

It's a better price than yesterday but the final payment is not due until July.  

What's your opinion on this?  That's about $40/day more for a balcony.  Do they keep sending "better" upgrade offers?

Thanks!

A better question, is it worth it to you? No one knows your financial situation. We never cruise without a balcony.

Hopefully you are aware that the Splendor sails on its TP on Oct 5. If you wait until November, you will have missed it.

I won’t do balconies on Carnival, because of the ways the doors are. Did it once for 28 days and was shell shocked by the way they slam. Only sliders for me. Not everyone is bothered by this though for a week. Just be prepared.

See you in Oct.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1