Escape room

53 minutes ago, Agathabumble said:

Ok thanks for the info guys. I Have a very shy teenage son and not sure if he will get too involved if lots of other people participating 😞 

You can split off as a family and do one of the tasks together, while others do other tasks.

2 hours ago, BillOh said:

Anyone have any experience to relate about their experience on Symphony?

It was our first time to do the Escape Room but we had studied up on the process.  We had 4-6 peeps who had done multiple ones so I figures we would probably escape.  We did not.  Solved all but the final puzzle when time ran out.  Im going to do it again and keep doing it until I get OUT!

• Like 1

I did this on Mariner a couple months ago.  It was very fun!  However, there was one solo traveler in our escape room group that was rather...pushy.  We did not stick around after we escaped for the group photo.  ha!

You'll need a full group of people to solve the room within the time frame.  It was very involved for just a few people to solve.

13 hours ago, BillOh said:

I think there were ten in our group — all adults.  Some of us had done at least one other escape room, but even the newbies were enthusiastic.  We talked about what we were finding, and what we thought we were missing, etc.  My only complaints are that it was very warm in the room, we could ask for only 3 clues, and we had only 50 minutes.  I’m pretty sure they gave us 60 minutes on the Harmony, and definitely 60 minutes on the one we did on land in Virginia.

Anyway, we escaped with about 2-1/2 minutes left.  The staff member said that a group that morning had the fastest time, escaping in only 12 minutes.  I can’t imagine achieving that unless one of them was already very familiar with the Symphony puzzle, but our “leader” said not.

On 12/6/2018 at 7:29 PM, Agathabumble said:

Hi does anyone know if I book the escape room for 3 people if  we will have to share the experience or if it will just be our party? Many thanks 

It works better, imho, if you are with people you do nor know as you have different knowledge and varied skill sets. It also helps if you have a few “geeks”!

On 12/7/2018 at 10:44 AM, BillOh said:

We did it on SY and I was miserable.  We agreed that we would only do one again if we knew everyone (or the majority) of the players. You then know how to work together.

Our time slot was 10 people (5 couples) that did not know each other. Only one lady had ever done one before so she immediately took control. Which would have been fine if she had done it nicely. Instead she was grabbing things out of your hands and being really condescending with her “instructions”. 

• Like 1