Can we expect another sale?

Lisichka

I did not book the cruise I am hoping to go on in June (Rhapsody of the Sea departing from Venice June 15) and now the price has gone up.  I hate overpaying and can just kick myself for not booking last week.  Is there any expectation this cruise will drop in price again?  If I book and it drops, do I get difference in price if I book with an agent?

11 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

Hard to say. They may offer a "sale" but it may not be one if you have followed these boards you will understand. So who knows. 

I only follow these boards when I am about to book a cruise, lol.

Do agents usually adjust price if it goes down?

24 minutes ago, Lisichka said:

I only follow these boards when I am about to book a cruise, lol.

Do agents usually adjust price if it goes down?

I have found that very few agents will proactively look for reduced prices, but, if you call them and let them know they should get the trip repriced for you.  Be aware, some agents will charge a fee to do this.   Don't use them.  The only thing that may be affected (read that as should be affected) is any perks that they are giving you as their commission will drive those perks and as the price goes down so does their commission.

Steve

Agents will adjust the price only if the drop is before final payment due date. After final payment date there are no adjustment. Also, as above poster said, the perks you get maybe decreased. For example, your $200 on board credit can go down about $25. You will have to monitor the prices drop yourself and then call the agency to do adjustment for you. After final payment date if there is a price drop and better cabin then yours costs same as you paid, you can try to get switched to such cabin for free. Again, you should monitor all of that yourself and be prepared to give your agent exact info. Agents give you the perks but that's the extent of what they do for you. If you are able to hold off on booking air tickets, you can take a gamble and wait till cruise line's final payment date then check daily for the next week. More likely then not, you will see drop in prices at this point. Then you call the agent to book. Between now and your dates in June the only sales I saw throughout the years will be around Memorial day which is too late for you because of the air. If I were you I would see what happens over Christmas/ New Year and if nothing then either book or gamble with post final payment date ( set by cruise line, not the agent. Agents final payment dates maybe a week or two earlier).

If the cruise you are looking at is starting to go up, it will most likely just continue to go up, regardless of what sale Royal is running. I’m booked on a cruise out of Venice on Celebrity in May. The price since I booked has only gone up. Prices depend more on supply and demand than on any sale.

3 hours ago, Lisichka said:

I did not book the cruise I am hoping to go on in June (Rhapsody of the Sea departing from Venice June 15) and now the price has gone up.  I hate overpaying and can just kick myself for not booking last week.  Is there any expectation this cruise will drop in price again?  If I book and it drops, do I get difference in price if I book with an agent?

You need to check the prices continuously. They are doing 30% off each passenger for the rest of the month. That doesn’t mean they won’t add additional discounts or OBC here and there. Green Monday is coming up. A couple of years ago I got a nice discount for it.

3 hours ago, Lisichka said:

Sales can occur at any time, they are unpredictable.  If you will be booking under US/Canadian rules, then you can normally get price drops up until final payment date.

On the cruise I've been watching for the past month, the base price has remained the same.  However, the price has increased because the $100-$300 instant savings was halved and ultimately eliminated.  It's anybody's guess if and when that will come back, and by then the base price may have increased.

If there is one thing that is consistent with RCCL, it's that they will have another sale.

However, that doesn't mean that your price will get any better.  If you are remotely ok with the current price, then book it.  If it goes down between now and final payment date then call and get the price adjusted down. 

Prices tend to go up until final payment dates and then it's a crap shoot.

Dan