Seabourn Odyssey Feedback

Hellojw

4 hours ago, raphael360 said:

Pauline,

One more SB tip.  Watch for the TK "fried chicken" night in the Colonnade restaurant.  It will be the BEST fried chicken you will ever experience in your life - ever. (Hopefully you not vegan ;).  Keep this suggestion on the down low because not everyone knows about this secret.  Watch for this menu option to show up in your "dining options"  the night before and make reservations asap.  FYI: we go at 7pm so we can gorge on this fried chicken and not go to bed stuffed.

TK fried chicken.jpg

On 1/6/2019 at 6:55 AM, Mr. Manhattan said:

Hi, all.  Anyone care to give a review of the Odyssey and its Caribbean voyages now underway?  

I have an ongoing review thread  of our very recent two weeks on board on this forum that I started yesterday.

Edited by Catlover54
typo
  • Like 1

Catlover, great stuff!  Thanks much.  I'm on the 18 day Caribbean/transatlantic departing St. Maarten on March 30.  On a scale of 1-10, I would rate our two previous SB cruises an 18.  Both (one caribbean, one transpacific) were simply spectacular.  Appreciate the feedeback.  and I never knew there was a complimentary wine list!  

Just a quick question for those of you who are on or have been on the Odyssey lately. Does it have USB plugs in the suites as the Sojourn does?

Thanks in advance.................and also thanks for the discussion of the complimentary wine list!

The Odyssey has NONE and the Sojourn had none that last time we sailed on her the year.

I purchased a dual USB charger with a European plug from Amazon several years ago which plugs in nicely to the 220v receptacle in the liquor / refrigerator cabinet. 

43 minutes ago, Cornet said:

Tjcox9, on our Transatlantic Lisbon-Barbados on Odyssey this last November there was indeed a USB socket. It is on the vanity table next to the walk in wardrobe.

We just got off the Odyssey on 12/23 this year.  No USB in Suite 824 but I should add the Sojourn went through her retrofit since we sailed on her in 2017.  I understand they may have added 2 USB chargers during that retrofit.  In any case, the 220 volt USB charger (see picture) worked well over our last 12 SB cruises.  It give us 2 x USB chargers for our 4 devices with the added benefit of having our all of devices in the cabinet and out of sight.  I recommend this setup even if they have 1 or 2 USB charges in the room.    The only 110 volt outlet that I know about in the living area is at the bottom of the the liquor / refrigerator cabinet near the floor.  I usually take a 110volt power strip with us and place it under the table for charging my computer.

Have a great time on the Sojourn.

USB220.jpg

57 minutes ago, Cornet said:

Tjcox9, on our Transatlantic Lisbon-Barbados on Odyssey this last November there was indeed a USB socket. It is on the vanity table next to the walk in wardrobe.

CORNET  may be right about a USB port on the vanity table.  However, that vanity is 100% wifie's domain and I would never ever, EVER even think of putting my stuff there.  I value my life 😉 .  This is my wife's world and I only live in it. So the vanity is 100% off limits to me.

Before everyone yells at me about there being only one 110 AC outlet in the suite (on the floor near the table): the truth is, there are 2 other 110 AC outlets, one on the vanity (again not my domain) and one in the bathroom higher up on the wall.  Good luck getting a plug to say in that sloppy worn out outlet. 

1 hour ago, Cornet said:

How did you enjoy your Lisbon-Barbados T/A?  We are doing the 18 day Caribbean/TA this March/April.  thanks much.

2 hours ago, Mr. Manhattan said:
4 hours ago, Cornet said:

How did you enjoy your Lisbon-Barbados T/A?  We are doing the 18 day Caribbean/TA this March/April.  thanks much.

We were on the TA from Lisbon in November, and as Cornet said there was a USB socket on the vanity - to be clear, it was a USB adapter, and took up one of the 110v sockets.  The adapter had a nice Seabourn logo on it, but it was not rated for high enough power to charge iPad (good enough for other devices).  In addition to the other outlets mentioned there is an outlet in the minibar - we used that as our main charging point.  

FWIW, this was our second transatlantic on Seabourn and as expected we had a great time!  Every cruise is different, and so while there were some things we felt were "better" on the previous one we still are hooked (e.g. we like to dance in the evenings, and didn't feel like the band was that good on this recent one - however the on-deck dance party was a lot of fun).  Except for the day or so between Lisbon and Funchal where the waters were rough we had smooth sailing and great weather.  

Mr Manhattan, we had a great time on the Transatlantic. Cruise Director Robert was new to us, but he turned out to be one of the best that we have had and as Johng75370 said the weather was superb but for that first sea day between Lisbon and Funchal when you could feel the motion of the ocean. 

Oh and to be clear also, it was a USB socket on our vanity and definately  not a Seabourn adapter.  I charged my iPad there every evening(I wished I had taken a photo)