CURRENT CRUISE DIRECTORS

jen2020

6 minutes ago, Balernocalling said:

There is no information for after 5 May on Ventura.

James Charter is on Azura from26 Nov -11 Jan

Giovanni Charps is on Azura  from 11 Jan - 26 Mar.

No further information available after those dates.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

That'a great.  Thank for the info.  Really helpful.

On 12/9/2018 at 4:36 PM, terrierjohn said:

We had  Giovanni, a new Italian Entertainment manager as our table host at the Caribbean luncheon on Azura recently, and he certainly indicated that he was heavily involved in the choice of the acts on board and whether they got repeat bookings. I definitely got the impression that he could veto an act if he felt they were not up to scratch.

Giovanni was on Arcadia back in June and we found him absolutely excellent ... there was such a 'buzz' on board with him in charge. He was really involved right across the ship and had a real presence. Hope he is still on Azura next June when we are, but I guess it's wishful thinking.

Edited by Scriv

• 4 months later...
On 12/11/2018 at 2:30 PM, jen2020 said:

That'a great.  Thank for the info.  Really helpful.

There is no information for after 5 May on Ventura.

James Charter is on Azura from26 Nov -11 Jan

Giovanni Charps is on Azura  from 11 Jan - 26 Mar.

No further information available after those dates.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

De

Does anybody know when Moments magazine is published or do you have the latest copy?  I've not had mine and have tried to order but no luck as yet.

I'm going on Ventura western med during the Summer and Azura Caribbean in the Autumn and was wondering who captains and ents mangers are and if anyone can recommend best shore excursions?

33 minutes ago, jen2020 said:

Does anybody know when Moments magazine is published or do you have the latest copy?  I've not had mine and have tried to order but no luck as yet.

I'm going on Ventura western med during the Summer and Azura Caribbean in the Autumn and was wondering who captains and ents mangers are and if anyone can recommend best shore excursions?

I would expect it to be quite soon, as we don't seem to have had a magazine for ages.

We were on two legs of the Aurora World Cruise in 2017, and the Cruise Director changed half way through - all the entertainment seemed to perk up in the second half of the cruise, so I think the CD does make a difference. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2019 at 4:30 PM, Dermotsgirl said:

I would expect it to be quite soon, as we don't seem to have had a magazine for ages.

We were on two legs of the Aurora World Cruise in 2017, and the Cruise Director changed half way through - all the entertainment seemed to perk up in the second half of the cruise, so I think the CD does make a difference. 

i don't suppose you've had your Moments mag yet have you?  Just wondering if any news on ents managers on those two ships as I agree it makes a big difference to onboard activities.   

We just had James Charter on Aurora and he couldn't string 2 words together.  Awful announcements.  Lez & G*man.  (Ladies & Gentleman).  Mind you it went well with the Captains pathetic announcements!!

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I did get my magazine a couple of weeks ago.  I can see someone has answered your question in another thread. 

Hope you enjoy your cruises

Thanks. No sign of mine.  Maybe you could let me know if you do get one with any info July onwards on Ventura or Oct onwards on Azura?

3 hours ago, jen2020 said:

Thanks. No sign of mine.  Maybe you could let me know if you do get one with any info July onwards on Ventura or Oct onwards on Azura?

I will if I get one, but we don’t get them so often these days. I think we used to get the magazines 4 times a year, but it seems to have reduced to about twice a year

1 hour ago, Tom Baker said:

I'm on Ventura in less than a month and I'm hoping and praying it's anyone but Hughie Taylor.

Natalie or Leon or Wez or James, but just NOT Mr Taylor! 🙏

According to Moments it's Thomas Hopkins. 20 Jan - 2 Jun,

4 Aug - 1 Dec.

Nothing listed between 3 Jun - 3 Aug.

Edited by P-L-B
  • Like 1

I haven’t seen a Moments for ages.

This Cruise Directors question is asked so often I wonder if it would be worth trying to add a sticky?  Can anyone copy and post a current schedule?  The thread could be updated as future Moments are published

3 hours ago, eddie11 said:

I haven’t seen a Moments for ages.

This Cruise Directors question is asked so often I wonder if it would be worth trying to add a sticky?  Can anyone copy and post a current schedule?  The thread could be updated as future Moments are published

That's a great idea.  If somebody could do that it would be really useful.

Thanks.

I’ve tried to use the ‘Report Post’ button, to draw it to the Mods’ attention and suggest a sticky pin, but the link won’t work for me (Safari on iPad mini)

Could somebody try on a laptop/desktop?

Or use some other means to make the request?

P-L-B Thank you for posting the photos. At least the Executive Chef on Ventura is Trevor Glass and not Trevor Connelly when we travel. I've had the misfortune to be on two cruises when Trevor Connelly has been Executive Chef and out of my 29 cruises both times were the worst food I've had on a ship.

On 12/11/2018 at 11:33 AM, jen2020 said:

Thanks for this. I haven't got the Moments magazine.  Who does it say the cruise director is on the Ventura after May and also on the Azura at the monent and then rest of year please?

Ventura - Thomas Hopkins 20/1 to 2/6 - then he's back on board 4 Aug to 1 December

Azura - Christopher Reynolds - 26th March to 7 July

Giovanni - 7 July to 21 September.

27 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Ventura - Thomas Hopkins 20/1 to 2/6 - then he's back on board 4 Aug to 1 December

Azura - Christopher Reynolds - 26th March to 7 July

Giovanni - 7 July to 21 September.

Hi Jean

I’ve already passed this information on on a previous thread, don’t understand why it’s being asked for again as the dates are not what they wanted??

21 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

We just had James Charter on Aurora and he couldn't string 2 words together.  Awful announcements.  Lez & G*man.  (Ladies & Gentleman).  Mind you it went well with the Captains pathetic announcements!!

We also had James Charter on Aurora, back in Sept/Oct.  I think I've seen him before as a Entertainment Officer, so it looks like a promotion for him.  I agree he needs to enunciate his words, and he tends to slur them together

18 hours ago, fue-fue said:

we are on Oriana at the end of June anyone know who the Ent manager will be?

Hughie Taylor is on from 10 Feb to  11 May, but there's nothing listed after that.  Looks like you may miss him!!

2 hours ago, P-L-B said:

As requested.

Latest Moments Magazine Issue 9 Spring/Summer 2019 

Hopefully you can zoom in for more detail.

P1050358.JPG

P1050361.JPG

P1050362.JPG

That's really useful. Thanks so much for your help.:)

3 hours ago, eddie11 said:

Thanks.

I’ve tried to use the ‘Report Post’ button, to draw it to the Mods’ attention and suggest a sticky pin, but the link won’t work for me (Safari on iPad mini)

Could somebody try on a laptop/desktop?

Or use some other means to make the request?

Later ....

I have ‘Reported’ P-L-B’s post and asked that it may have a Sticky Pin, at the top of the sub-forum.

Fingers crossed the Mod Team like the suggestion