Hotel suggestion in Miami for family of 5 (and flight question)

JeniferO

Hello, I am looking for a nice hotel with room for our family of 5 (preferably a suite-type of hotel) for one night before we head on our cruise. We get in around 9pm so it really will be just a place to sleep before we head to the port the next morning. Any ideas that is also convenient to the port?

Also -- what is the earliest time we can fly back after we disembark? Would 10:50am out of Miami be okay?

Thanks!

For the hotel recommendation, please provide date and your budget.

Barring unforeseen problems that 10:50 am flight should be okay.  You need to aim to be at the airport NLT 9:15 but earlier is better of course.

Arriving late into MIA?  If so I would focus on airport hotels in the Blue Lagoon area - the Homewood Suites there offers big, suite style rooms plus a great breakfast and is a 5-10 minute walk to a local strip mall with grocery, drug and liquor :classic_wink: stores for last minute cruise supplies.  There's also a Hampton Inn and other hotels in the area.  UberXL should get all 5 of you and bags to POM for about $30.

Your 10:50 flight is doable, but you do not have any flexibility for delays.  Van taxi or UberXL from POM to MIA will run about $27+ (flat rate fare for the taxi) and on weekends the ride will only take about 15+ min; I would choose Uber as the cab drivers in Miami are almost as crooked as the taxis in Philly! :classic_sad:  Get a low number or carry all of your bags off the ship.

Have a great cruise! 

I think 10:50 Is tight and does not allow for something that could go wrong.

What could go wrong:  Delay finding luggage in the terminal, late disembarkation due to a variety of reasons some of which are out of the control of the cruise line/ship.

February is a busy time at the pier and at the airport.

Things can change by the moment.  Example can be changes to TSA security?  It does happen.

I don't like stress so I would advise against this flight particularly since 5 people are involve.

Others will say no worries.

Keith

I'd suggest checking out Hilton Miami Airport Blue Lagoon - super close to airport (you can see it out the window) and close to cruise port.  Stayed there and and enjoyed it, doing it again in January.  Just be aware of their annoying sales pitch for future travel after booking.