Day visit during cruise?

jonj

We will be on a cruise visiting GC on December 30, 2018. Looking for an area where to rent beach chairs. We are a total of 7 adults, with two being in their 70's, while still active they really can't just plop down a towel on the sand any longer. They are more comfortable on a chair. I have read through many post and see Royal Palm, Calico, Tiki and Hemingway keep popping up. In further reading it seems the last two are now closed, is that correct? Seems like Tiki's website is still operational. We do need to be near an area where there are restrooms and a place to get a small bite to eat. 

I also read Royal Palm is closing? Cannot find information on when / if that is happening. I emailed them directly last week but haven't heard back. Any suggestions other than the places above? Will hotels like the Marriott, etc. allow you to use their chairs if you have lunch in their restaurant? I am not looking for a freebie but thought being near a hotel would be best for amenities. Have looked into a day room but with it being a holiday weekend the hotels I contacted are not offering it. 

I have looked up how many cruise ships will be in GC on this day it seems to be only two, Disney and Regent. 

Thank you in advance. 

Edited by jonj

Yes, you have two options for the near future - Calico Jack's and Royal Palms.  CJ is a picnic tables in the sand type of beach bar, but they have chairs to rent, showers, washrooms and bar food.  RP is a little more upscale - nicer food, adult-only swimming pool, but also more expensive.

Both facilities have announced that they will be closing at some point in the future, but I believe it's more than a year out for both, and we don't know what will be replacing them.  Calico Jack's is looking to relocate to a new spot further north, but they are hitting some planning permission issues.  The company that owns RP (Dart) has not announced what will replace it, or whether it will be available to cruise ship visitors.

cb at sea, this has not been my experience at all.

There are many, many access points to Seven Mile Beach (let alone other beaches on the island like Spotts and Smith Cove) and I would say that the places offering lounger rentals are the exception rather than the rule. 

• 1 month later...