Help me plan for debark morning

BENHANDEL

20 hours ago, familyoutdoors said:

About your car rental, have you looked into how the tolls work? If not read up or call about this so you know what to expect. Have a great trip! 

https://www.sunpass.com/en/tolls/rentalVehicles.shtml

https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental-faqs/toll-charges/other-state-toll-options.html

We have relatives in florida....so we have faced tolls before. 

• Like 1

BENHANDEL- you will get more info onboard about the whole process, but the first decision you need to make is whether you can take all your luggage and carry-ons off yourselves. If you cannot (too much, kids too little etc) then you need to put your luggage out the night before and allow Carnival to offboard it so you pick it up in the terminal after you debark. Once you get your luggage you will still need to go through Customs and Immigration.

If you choose to carry everything off yourselves, you do nothing the night before, you can keep your luggage in your room til after breakfast in the MDR, as long as you're back and out by about 8:30. With FTTF you can then proceed down to the deck where you get off the ship (again, there will be lots of instructions on how to do this) then you can just walk off the ship (assuming no backlog). Customs and Immigration is still in your immediate future, but since you're one of the earlier gangs off the ship, it shouldn't be as crowded and backed up. We've usually been off the ship and through Customs & Immigration within 20 minutes of leaving our cabin when we've had FTTF or choose Self-Debark.

13 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

BENHANDEL- you will get more info onboard about the whole process, but the first decision you need to make is whether you can take all your luggage and carry-ons off yourselves. If you cannot (too much, kids too little etc) then you need to put your luggage out the night before and allow Carnival to offboard it so you pick it up in the terminal after you debark. Once you get your luggage you will still need to go through Customs and Immigration.

If you choose to carry everything off yourselves, you do nothing the night before, you can keep your luggage in your room til after breakfast in the MDR, as long as you're back and out by about 8:30. With FTTF you can then proceed down to the deck where you get off the ship (again, there will be lots of instructions on how to do this) then you can just walk off the ship (assuming no backlog). Customs and Immigration is still in your immediate future, but since you're one of the earlier gangs off the ship, it shouldn't be as crowded and backed up. We've usually been off the ship and through Customs & Immigration within 20 minutes of leaving our cabin when we've had FTTF or choose Self-Debark.

Thank you! This is exactly the kind of specific and detailed information I was hoping for it.

15 minutes ago, BENHANDEL said:

Thank you! This is exactly the kind of specific and detailed information I was hoping for it.

☺️ 

As someone else said once you've been through this once it will be a lot less stressful, but I understand that if you've never experienced it, it can be really confusing!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

I find it difficult to read your light, small cursive script.  It's very pretty though.

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

😂😂😂😂, I thought the same thing until I  tried/remembered you can expand it.Now I enjoy it more.