Recent Suite Alcohol Bottle List

Julma

16 hours ago, janice2348 said:

We upgraded from an aft balcony to Owners Suite on the Jade ast year.  We already had UBP and were credited back for that.

Did you give up the UBP because the three bottles were enough?

16 hours ago, janice2348 said:

We were also able to substitute three bottles of wine for the hard liquor at no extra charge. 

They usually have two types of whites and two types of reds (both including a North & South) in the options so that probably wasn't a substitution unless you got bottles that they didn't list.

8 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Who did the denial ?

What ship ?

Take it to the next level:

Butler

Concierge

Beverage Manager

Hotel Director

Certainly you are not expecting to exchange for a premium top shelf liquor

but a down grade (lesser value liquor) shouldn't be a problem. 

Pre-cruise Haven concierge on the Jade. Our Butler was useless.

FWIW I received this list, this week for a sailing in August:

Liquor

Please choose 3 bottles from the list below to have set up in your suite upon arrival.

Caña Brava Rum

Bacardi 8 Rum

Aylesbury Duck Vodka

Ketel One Vodka

Fords London Gin

Tequila Cabeza 100% Agave

Dewars White Label Scotch Whiskey

Jack Daniel’s Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey

Bulleit Kentucky Straight

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Crown Royal Blended Canadian Whisky

Campari

Cinzano Sweet or Dry

Bailey’s Irish Cream

Kahlua Original Liqueur

Hidalgo Reserva 12-Year-Old Brandy

Sauvignon Blanc North and South Norwegian Proprietary Wine

Chardonnay Robert Mondavi “Private Selection”

Rosé 6ème Sens Gérard Bertrand Languedoc

Red Blend North and South Norwegian Proprietary Wine

Cabernet Sauvignon Beringer Founder’s Estate

Sandeman Founder’s Reserve Port

Sodas

Pepsi

Diet Pepsi

Sierra Mist Soda

Orange Soda

Tonic Water

Ginger Ale

Club Soda

4 hours ago, havenfan said:

Did you give up the UBP because the three bottles were enough?

They usually have two types of whites and two types of reds (both including a North & South) in the options so that probably wasn't a substitution unless you got bottles that they didn't list.

No we still had the UBP but it is a perk of the owners suite so they removed the service charge.  Same with the UDP. 

We got one bottle of Riesling and 2 Cabernet from the onboard wine list. We also had 2 bottles of sparkling wine ( one from latitudes and one for being in an owners suite)

44 minutes ago, janice2348 said:

No we still had the UBP but it is a perk of the owners suite so they removed the service charge.  Same with the UDP. 

We got one bottle of Riesling and 2 Cabernet from the onboard wine list. We also had 2 bottles of sparkling wine ( one from latitudes and one for being in an owners suite)

Did you have to ask them to remove the service charge or was it automatically done.  Was it done onboard or before you sailed.   This is the first time i have ever heard of them doing this.  We will be in the jade garden villa in August and just prepaid service ubp and sdp service charge and prepaid our daily service charge.  

57 minutes ago, janice2348 said:

Did you do a fully paid upgrade or did you "win" one through the bidding?  Suites have gotten all four/five/six "benefits" like UBP and dining the last few years but I thought that was a function of the booking category, not the cabin, iyswim.  I'm under the impression that you would have gotten UBP and dining if you paid the full difference for an upgrade but not if you got an upgrade through the bidding.  I'd love to know if I'm wrong about this.

Edited by havenfan

1 hour ago, janice2348 said:

I'm confused. UBP & UDP are perks of the Owner's suite? Since when? Is there documentation on this available somewhere so I can get a refund for our service charges as well? 

3 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

I'm confused. UBP & UDP are perks of the Owner's suite? Since when? Is there documentation on this available somewhere so I can get a refund for our service charges as well? 

This is totally new news to me too... fascinated to hear more!

We upgraded-we did not bid.  I just contacted NCL, and they told me they are no longer comping the UDP and UBP with the Owner's suite.  Bummer.  Sorry if I misled all of you.  It seems NCL is getting cheaper with their comps.  

Maybe I'm confused???  I no longer have a copy of my cruise docs.  Maybe I am mistaken, but the NCL rep did say they stopped doing it.  Although, they are famous for giving out wrong info....

16 minutes ago, janice2348 said:

We upgraded-we did not bid.  I just contacted NCL, and they told me they are no longer comping the UDP and UBP with the Owner's suite.  Bummer.  Sorry if I misled all of you.  It seems NCL is getting cheaper with their comps.  

Maybe I'm confused???  I no longer have a copy of my cruise docs.  Maybe I am mistaken, but the NCL rep did say they stopped doing it.  Although, they are famous for giving out wrong info....

Maybe you were actually under a promo that covered gratuities/service charges?

On 4/5/2019 at 8:49 AM, Sailing12Away said:

Pre-cruise Haven concierge on the Jade. Our Butler was useless.

Always talk to the actual Concierge and Hotel Director on the ship.  They tend to take care of you much better since they get tips and actually control what happens on the ship.  Pre-cruise Concierge is a joke since most you order through them never gets communicated to the ship.

13 hours ago, Cmdr Cody said:

Always talk to the actual Concierge and Hotel Director on the ship.  They tend to take care of you much better since they get tips and actually control what happens on the ship.  Pre-cruise Concierge is a joke since most you order through them never gets communicated to the ship.

That Pre-Cruise Concierge could be in a call center in Miami (India).

You could request an email confirmation about what was setup for your cabin dining and shore excursions

You should have a paper trail of everything about your cruise

For Suites:

On board the ship the Butler reports to his boss the Concierge who reports to his boss the Hotel Director.

If the Butler is not performing report it up the chain - same about the Concierge.

The Butler and Concierge are not part of the DSC distribution - think of it as first level management positions.

The Hotel Director is the top boss of the ships staterooms restaurant beverage excursions etc.

The Captain is in charge of the navigation and safety of the vessel guests and crew and is the top most NCL official.

If an issue can't be solved while on board - the task gets more difficult trying to do it with corporate in Miami.

That noted if something went amiss and wasn't resolved to your satisfaction - try and have it looked into so

perhaps others will have recourse and not have a repeat.  And here at CC we are always interested in the outcome.