Recent Suite Alcohol Bottle List

Julma

2 hours ago, Julma said:

Does anyone have a recent bottle list?  I'm sailing on the Pearl in a DO and wondered what was on list and if anyone has had success in substituting. 

YES substitution is possible - kind of general rule of thumb if you look at the selection of bottled liquor on the shelf in the

bar - if what you have selected and what you would like to trade it for are on the same tier shelf - ask your butler for the

swap. Another way to view this if you have to pay extra with the UBP the trade is non-negotiable.

I have traded Smirnoff for Ketel One and Crown Royal for Seagrams VO all in matter of personal taste and what you

mix match drink straight up with.

Another thing to consider is the bottle quantity 750ml vs a full liter - but in essence check with your butler.

A frequent high Latitudes cruiser drop the exchange with the Concierge who has more clout and strings to pull.

dubroben22

Interesting what did you trade/exchange for the Grand Marnier ?

If it was Baileys you did well - very well !

Owners - Deluxe Owners suites get -3- bottles

The Garden Villa -6- bottles

If it does not have Owners or Deluxe Owners booze is not included

Also the mini-fridge is handled differently - it is stocked with soft drinks

of your selection and the drink fixens i.e. club soda tonic OJ Tomato etc. -

there are no miniatures or wine splits beer etc.

Other options check with the Butler

4 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Owners - Deluxe Owners suites get -3- bottles

The Garden Villa -6- bottles

If it does not have Owners or Deluxe Owners booze is not included

Also the mini-fridge is handled differently - it is stocked with soft drinks

of your selection and the drink fixens i.e. club soda tonic OJ Tomato etc. -

there are no miniatures or wine splits beer etc.

Other options check with the Butler

So that means we do not need to get the Unlimited Drink package and pay for the gratuities attached to it?   

It would be a challenge for us to get through a bottle in a week much less 3.   I assume they are fifths rather than pints.

4 minutes ago, Hotspring said:

So that means we do not need to get the Unlimited Drink package and pay for the gratuities attached to it?   

It would be a challenge for us to get through a bottle in a week much less 3.   I assume they are fifths rather than pints.

You could do that - the bottles are full liters in most cases except maybe for the cordials those at 750ml.

There may be cases of upgrading to that OS DOS and you bring along no perks bennies along from your former cabin.

Usually you have the UBP SDP and other perks and bennies already and bring them along to your new cabin and you

would have to see about getting a credit back on your account ? 

You would have the hard liquor and whatever comes with the suite a bottle of champagne and the faux champagne sparkling

bubble water but if your tastes are for beer or wine then you would have pay up for that with the gratuities or buy the

related package. It would appear that you would be comfortable with the 3 bottles and no other drinks or gratuities.

One other consideration substituting one or more of the hard liquors for wine.

You have options - very pleasant pleasing ones - and yes I would admit that 3 liter bottles on a 7 day cruise it is certainly

going to be party time at your cabin. I had 6 in the Garden Villa - gave one away and my guest partner and I drank the contents

of two and took home 3 for continuing the cruise without ship. 

On 12/10/2018 at 10:32 AM, dubroben22 said:

this is a list I got a month ago for upcoming sail on gem.

they agreed to substitute one bottle per my request (wanted grand marnier for my wife)

alcohol list.docx

Awesome, thanks for sharing. So many different ideas running through my head about what they may/may not allow me to swap out for. I'm tempted to try shooting for the moon and see if they'll let me swap a Glenfiddich Solera blend for the Dewars. Or a vanilla flavored vodka to mix with orange soda for a creamsicle. Or a Disarrono for the Baileys..... so many choices.

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, Notnewtoit said:

Quick follow-up here: does this also apply to Owners Suite w/Large Balcony i.e. 10504 on a Jewel? 

.aaand if so... anyone know if the list changed for 2019 (sail in Aug)?

If the word "owners suite" or "garden villa" is in your cabin name, then you get the bottles.

We sail next week. When I spoke with the pre-cruise concierge on Wednesday I was able to request two bottles of Tito's vodka and one of Captain Morgan. She also helped making sure all of the mixers we might need are in the cabin.

I'm sailing on the 24th in a DOS on the Jade. We were only allowed 1 bottle (short 5 night cruise), and no substitutions allowed at all for anything. I was told that if I wanted peppermint tea I should bring it myself from home. 🤔

I'll report back after we get home on March 1st if they replace the bottle once used up, or if it's just a one and done despite paying a fortune for the cabin and the 'perks' of a Haven DOS.

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2019 at 4:25 PM, Sailing12Away said:

I'm sailing on the 24th in a DOS on the Jade. We were only allowed 1 bottle (short 5 night cruise), and no substitutions allowed at all for anything. I was told that if I wanted peppermint tea I should bring it myself from home. 🤔

I'll report back after we get home on March 1st if they replace the bottle once used up, or if it's just a one and done despite paying a fortune for the cabin and the 'perks' of a Haven DOS.

We'v just sent off an email questioning the one bottle for a 5 night - seems it should at least be two! (We pointed out that we'll actually be onboard for 9 nights since we're doing a B2B, so it'll be interesting to see how they respond. 😉

On 2/17/2019 at 4:25 PM, Sailing12Away said:

We were in 15000 on the Jade and even a 4 day cruise got three bottles of spirits.  This was in 2017, but I never heard of what you posted here.  We've pretty always been in a DOS on NCL.

Consider another option whether in a suite OS DOS Haven or other stateroom -

You can order it up in advance pre-cruise or on board thru a Butler or Room Service.

In a location where there is a tax wait until out in international waters.

THE BAR SET-UP

An example for 2013 - prices - selections have certainly changed:

These alcoholic beverages are sold as Bar Set Up amenity orders. Available on all Ships excluding Pride of America.
Please Note: Pricing from Nov. 2013
Bar Set-Up is available for all stateroom categories.
Bar Set-Up is available for purchase onboard but you will be charged 15% on top of the price of the bottle instead of the $3 service fee.
Bar Set-Up must be pre-arranged before the voyage and can be requested up to the day prior to sailing.
Prices are subject to change. Service fee of $3.00 per bottle will be applied. 1.800.327.7030

Bourbon/Whiskey
Seagram's 7 Crown $80 1 Ltr
Jack Daniel's Black $100 1 Ltr
Crown Royal Special Reserve $100 750 Ml
Cognac
Courvoisier VS $120 750 ml
Rémy Martin V.S.O.P $100 700 ml
Gin
Beefeater $80 1 Ltr
Bombay Sapphire $100 1 Ltr
Liqueurs
Baileys Irish Cream $100 1 Ltr
Southern Comfort $100 1 Ltr
Disaronno Amaretto $100 1 Ltr
Godiva Chocolate $100 750 Ml
Grand Marnier $100 1 Ltr
Kahlua $100 1 Ltr
Rum
Bacardi Superior $80 1 Ltr
Captain Morgan $80 1 Ltr
Scotch Whiskey
J&B Rare $80 1 Ltr
Glenfiddich $100 1 Ltr
Chivas Regal $100 1 Ltr
JW Black $123 980 Ml
Tequila
Cuervo Gold $80 1 Ltr
1800 Reposado $100 750 Ml
Don Julio Reposado $120 750 Ml
Vodka
Smirnoff $80 1 Ltr
Absolut $100 1 Ltr
Absolut Citron $100 1 Ltr
Absolut Apeach $100 1 Ltr
Grey Goose $120 1 Ltr
Grey Goose L'Orange $120 1 Ltr
Grey Goose La Poire $120 1 Ltr

On 12/10/2018 at 9:24 AM, Julma said:

Does anyone have a recent bottle list?  I'm sailing on the Pearl in a DO and wondered what was on list and if anyone has had success in substituting. 

With regards to changing, for our upcoming cruise I asked for 1 bottle of the Ford’s gin and 2 of the Sauvignon Blanc. I’m not crazy about their proprietary wine but that’s the only choice. Any suggestions of what I can ask for in substitute. For example, any knowledge of a tastier dry white on board? 

Thanks

On 12/13/2018 at 3:28 AM, don't-use-real-name said:

You could do that - the bottles are full liters in most cases except maybe for the cordials those at 750ml.

There may be cases of upgrading to that OS DOS and you bring along no perks bennies along from your former cabin.

Usually you have the UBP SDP and other perks and bennies already and bring them along to your new cabin and you

would have to see about getting a credit back on your account ? 

You would have the hard liquor and whatever comes with the suite a bottle of champagne and the faux champagne sparkling

bubble water but if your tastes are for beer or wine then you would have pay up for that with the gratuities or buy the

related package. It would appear that you would be comfortable with the 3 bottles and no other drinks or gratuities.

One other consideration substituting one or more of the hard liquors for wine.

You have options - very pleasant pleasing ones - and yes I would admit that 3 liter bottles on a 7 day cruise it is certainly

going to be party time at your cabin. I had 6 in the Garden Villa - gave one away and my guest partner and I drank the contents

of two and took home 3 for continuing the cruise without ship. 

We upgraded from an aft balcony to Owners Suite on the Jade ast year.  We already had UBP and were credited back for that.  We were also able to substitute three bottles of wine for the hard liquor at no extra charge. 

10 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

I was denied any substitutions or changes on my sailing 😞

Who did the denial ?

What ship ?

Take it to the next level:

Butler

Concierge

Beverage Manager

Hotel Director

Certainly you are not expecting to exchange for a premium top shelf liquor

but a down grade (lesser value liquor) shouldn't be a problem.