Royal Up Questions.

We are going to be on Indy this January.  Last week I got the email for the Royal Up options.  We are travelling with 2 other groups.  Neither of those got an email.  Is this something that all passengers are given the option to?  To be exact as to all of the details, my wife and I are Emerald. Couple #2 is Gold.  Couple 3 is a father and son on their first cruise.  So is this something that maybe trickles down to see how many people bid?  Thanks.

1 minute ago, cruisefan0110 said:

We are going to be on Indy this January.  Last week I got the email for the Royal Up options.  We are travelling with 2 other groups.  Neither of those got an email.  Is this something that all passengers are given the option to?  To be exact as to all of the details, my wife and I are Emerald. Couple #2 is Gold.  Couple 3 is a father and son on their first cruise.  So is this something that maybe trickles down to see how many people bid?  Thanks.

Not all passengers receive an invite to bid on potential upgrades.

Who gets the option to bid is not dependant on C&A status. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

We got the invite, or actually my 13yo daughter got the invite email.  I never get emails addressed to me from Royal, but they have it on file because I'm the one who always books the cruises, they just send it addressed to everyone else in my family but me lol.  So, anyway, I bid on her behalf, since I'm the one with the credit card.  😁

I know they may not notify me if the bid was successful until as late as 24 hours prior to the cruise, but does anyone know how quick they let you know if it's not accepted?  

9 hours ago, NanciRDH said:

I know they may not notify me if the bid was successful until as late as 24 hours prior to the cruise, but does anyone know how quick they let you know if it's not accepted?  

At 24 hrs to go you'll get a denial e-mail.

Mods, feel free to merge this with existing Royal UP thread.

3 minutes ago, Mimiunb said:

We got our ugrade. We bid 175 canadian PER person to go from Oceanview to Central park view balcony. We sail on Sunday on Allure and just got the email. Pretty happy with that!!

Let us know if you get the wine and the lunch that should come with a CP balcony.

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Let us know if you get the wine and the lunch that should come with a CP balcony.

So when you bid up on NCL, you only keep your existing perks, not the ones of the new level. So on Royal you would also pick up perks? That seems odd but nice.

7 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

So when you bid up on NCL, you only keep your existing perks, not the ones of the new level. So on Royal you would also pick up perks? That seems odd but nice.

That's what we are attempting to figure out.

Many of us think you will.  But you never know. Pretty sure the NCL benefits are more of a bonus, you choose from a list.  Not that way on Royal