A Little Frustrated

Raxter54

Guess it's my own fault for booking so early. We are 432 days out from our Allure OTS cruise, and I can't DO anything. No dining reservations. No show booking. No buying internet packages. No buying drink packages. No excursion booking. Can't even peruse through a list of excursions. For our Serenade cruise a few years ago we were able to download a .pdf file that listed all the excursions at the different ports, so we could go over them and decide what we wanted to do. My COD is screaming for release!!! Help me!!!

You should be able to soon I was able to book a beach bungalow and drink packages for our cruise at the 400+ day mark.  Ours leaves Dec 27/19 so maybe because yours leaves in 2020 that may be the reason?  Just keep checking they will probably pop up soon.  We booked 500+ days out thats defiantly the longest out we have ever booked a cruise.

Ahh! You sound like my sweet DH. You can start going over all the ports you are to visit and what those ports will be offering you on your cruise. The type of weather you will be facing. Study the ship and what is offered on board. Go to the boards and read what others have to say on past similar cruises so you learn do's and don'ts. We have a cruise that is around the same amount of time out and they already have their Roll Call and Meet and Mingle available. Start yours. You'll keep busy---if you really want. Have fun planning.

I know...deep breaths...find your center.....

I'm just so looking forward to experiencing one of these mega-ships. And I already have our upcoming February cruise already planned. And I'm not good at sitting and twiddling my thumbs.  <sigh> 1st world problems...

4 minutes ago, Raxter54 said:

I know...deep breaths...find your center.....

I'm just so looking forward to experiencing one of these mega-ships. And I already have our upcoming February cruise already planned. And I'm not good at sitting and twiddling my thumbs.  <sigh> 1st world problems...

I know a good psychologist if you are interested.

3 hours ago, Raxter54 said:

Guess it's my own fault for booking so early. We are 432 days out from our Allure OTS cruise, and I can't DO anything. No dining reservations. No show booking. No buying internet packages. No buying drink packages. No excursion booking. Can't even peruse through a list of excursions. For our Serenade cruise a few years ago we were able to download a .pdf file that listed all the excursions at the different ports, so we could go over them and decide what we wanted to do. My COD is screaming for release!!! Help me!!!

Don't you mean CDO ?

5 hours ago, Raxter54 said:

And I'm not good at sitting and twiddling my thumbs.  <sigh> 1st world problems...

Read some more of the cancellation threads, even with Allure - worrying about that will take your mind off all the other things. 

On 12/11/2018 at 7:19 PM, CapeGal said:

Go to the boards and read what others have to say on past similar cruises so you learn do's and don'ts

Do this.    I had the same issue but reading other trip reports had me ready to take advantage of sales and make decisions about what I wanted to do with plenty of time to spare.  I love the anticipation of an upcoming vacation even though I would prefer to be doing it right now.