While on the EDGE

MartiniBarhooked

Went to the Sunset Bar to smoke a cigar.  Another gentleman sat down about the same time.  We started up a bit of a conversation.  He asked how I liked the ship.  I said it is totally awesome and still exploring the ship.  But I also made some comments of things I found disappointment in.  If you check in early there is no organization once boarding starts it is just a mad rush.  It was then he introduced himself and asked my name.  I told him and he said he would look into it.  So I figure he must have someones ear.  I mentioned one other thing that we were disappointed in the lack of regular chairs and shade around the pools.  He agreed.  We chatted for over an hour or so and he kept looking for a text from his wife so he could let her know where he was.  With the free and regular internet I guess you have to be on the same internet to get text from the other person.  He switched services and told her where he was.  A few minutes later his wife arrived and he introduced her.  He told her about some of the comments I made about not having a Elite and above lounge like they have a Diamond on Royal.  She agreed and said just different company's do different things.  Short time after that they left for lunch.  I asked the Bar Tender if he knew a Andrea and Lisa Perlo and if they had anything to do with the ship.  Well you know what he told me and then my wife did the internet search on them.  We enjoyed a cigar together with Andrea again the next day but Lisa was not there.  That was our 10th Celebrity cruise and I thought I was doing good knowing once who Capt. Kate was when I met her.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Great story!!!! Back on the inaugural sailing of the Oasis I boarded and got to my cabin and people were in it....it was Richard Fain and his wife. They were staying in the cabin from the naming ceremony and hadn't yet cleared out of the cabin.....the cabin steward laughed and said.....well I couldn't tell they to leave. They when I was on the Edge a few weeks ago I am walking around checking out the suite cabins and there is a door that was partially open...so I thought it was another one of the open suites to see....low and behold I walk in and once again it's Richard Fain...it was his cabin....apologized and we just laughed.

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2018 at 7:59 AM, jimkathyd1 said:

Went to the Sunset Bar to smoke a cigar.  Another gentleman sat down about the same time.  We started up a bit of a conversation.  He asked how I liked the ship.  I said it is totally awesome and still exploring the ship.  But I also made some comments of things I found disappointment in.  If you check in early there is no organization once boarding starts it is just a mad rush.  It was then he introduced himself and asked my name.  I told him and he said he would look into it.  So I figure he must have someones ear.  I mentioned one other thing that we were disappointed in the lack of regular chairs and shade around the pools.  He agreed.  We chatted for over an hour or so and he kept looking for a text from his wife so he could let her know where he was.  With the free and regular internet I guess you have to be on the same internet to get text from the other person.  He switched services and told her where he was.  A few minutes later his wife arrived and he introduced her.  He told her about some of the comments I made about not having a Elite and above lounge like they have a Diamond on Royal.  She agreed and said just different company's do different things.  Short time after that they left for lunch.  I asked the Bar Tender if he knew a Andrea and Lisa Perlo and if they had anything to do with the ship.  Well you know what he told me and then my wife did the internet search on them.  We enjoyed a cigar together with Andrea again the next day but Lisa was not there.  That was our 10th Celebrity cruise and I thought I was doing good knowing once who Capt. Kate was when I met her.

So there's no Elite lounge on The Edge?

24 minutes ago, Gambler458 said:

So there's no Elite lounge on The Edge?

There is no specific place for the Captains Club cocktail hour... if that is what you are asking. Instead they load 3 cocktails onto your card. I assume it is for anything that is on the old menu they have on S class ships for the cocktail hour(s)

• Thanks 1