Meet and Mingle Dec10 on Edge

goodtimegranny

We have been to many M&M with Cruise Critic cover several different ships.  This is the first time I can say I was embarrassed to be in this group. I don't know who the person in charge of CC events because they did not present themselves There was no introduction of the Officers The Cruise Director introduced them without even an acknowledgement of anyone in charge if the Meet & Mingle I was on the list for the Cabin Crawl but there was no announcement made.  I still don't know who the Organizer of this group was but I don't feel it was a good representation of the Cruise Critic members.

Thank you for allowing me to be the my discontent.

My understanding is that nobody is in charge of the CC events.  These events are acknowledged by Celebrity and they put on an event for CC members.  Everybody who wanted to participate in the cabin crawl was at liberty to make an announcement - it is possible that several people felt the same as you so in the end nobody spoke out, which is a shame.

There definitely is always an organizer who coordinates with the cruise company in this particular case no one seemed to take charge although someone was responsible for putting the lists together and then should have followed thru by announcing who it was and introducing the Cruise Director who introduced the Officers and it is customary for someone to Thank the Cruise Line for their Hospitality. It's a win win cruise line gets good advertising and we get some recognition.

I have to agree with Hopeless Holiday Booker -  No one is in charge.   Registration is done by each individual.   Often the person who starts the thread also maintains a Roll Call, this is both time consuming and lots of work.   

My experience is that the Cruise Line takes the lead from the ship side and arranges the space and does an introduction of the officers who are present.   If anyone wishes to thank Celebrity they are welcome to.  If you were dissatisfied, why didn't you thank the crew?

As all those that put time into scheduling events and activities are doing it on their own time,  I would thank them for their hard work instead of tearing them down.   Instead of complaining you could have easily reached out to those on your roll call and been more proactive. 

Just my opinion -  

• Like 1

Cruise director usually introduces the officers who are present...but the activity staff person who checks you in and suplies name tags can be approached regarding announcements  ...It's very loose on  X, always has been.

.Can you let us know where it was held, what day, time and what was served?