Voyager refurbish

Gcto

thinking about booking a trip on the Voyager in the next couple of months. Various posts talk about dated furniture and cabins on the Voyager, others talk about some cabins already refurbished at the last drydock. Can anyone currently on the Voyager or recently on the Voyager let me know if cabins had been refurbished or which cabins have the new design or still the old design. Even the RSSC website is inconclusive. 

For example, I read somewhere that D-H got refurbished and PH is still old...but then the site shows PH with new pics, but D with old. 

Thanks for your help

Franzr - I'd heard the same thing about the D-H cabins, too, but haven't been on board in a while.  I'd like to know this too as we're in an H Gty next month and knowing what's been updated and what hasn't would be nice.  If you don't get an answer by the end of January, I'll see if I can get you an answer.   :classic_laugh:

Tripperva: What cat where you in ? That might help to narrow things down. Did your room still have the full cabinets with glassware etc left and right, or the TV over the desk with glassware at the bottom cabinets and no cabinets on the side 

1 hour ago, Franzr said:

thinking about booking a trip on the Voyager in the next couple of months. Various posts talk about dated furniture and cabins on the Voyager, others talk about some cabins already refurbished at the last drydock. Can anyone currently on the Voyager or recently on the Voyager let me know if cabins had been refurbished or which cabins have the new design or still the old design. Even the RSSC website is inconclusive. 

For example, I read somewhere that D-H got refurbished and PH is still old...but then the site shows PH with new pics, but D with old. 

Thanks for your help

We had a C and thought everything was nice (yet have nothing to compare it to). The bed was definitely the most comfortable cruise ship bed I've ever experienced.

17 hours ago, FeliciaLee said:

We had a C and thought everything was nice (yet have nothing to compare it to). The bed was definitely the most comfortable cruise ship bed I've ever experienced.

The PH C suites are identical to D-H suites on Voyager except for larger balconies so it makes sense that they received the same treatment as the D-H suites (loss of shelves and drawers.  So, the mixed situation with PH C is that they were refurbished and (I expect) look very nice, but with the previously discussed loss of most storage space within the suite outside the closet.

PH A and PH B have definitely not been refurbished, so looking worn, but with lots of useful storage.  They may fair better when refurbished even if Regent sticks to their model of removing shelves and drawers since they already have a low level glassware cabinet (under the expresso maker) and the shelves are in a corner nook which won't allow the space to be used for anything else.  I expect the changes for PH A and PH B will be minimal other than refreshing the carpet and furniture.

9 hours ago, Portolan said:

PH A and PH B have definitely not been refurbished, so looking worn, but with lots of useful storage.  They may fair better when refurbished even if Regent sticks to their model of removing shelves and drawers since they already have a low level glassware cabinet (under the expresso maker) and the shelves are in a corner nook which won't allow the space to be used for anything else.  I expect the changes for PH A and PH B will be minimal other than refreshing the carpet and furniture.

Scott,

I am puzzled by your statement that the penthouse A&B’s have not been refurbished. My understanding is that all suites on the Voyager were refurbished in the fall of 2016.   We were in a PHB in December 2015 before the Voyager was refurbished. I see from Suiteguru that you recently stayed in Suite 818. Last April we were on the  Voyager and inspected 818 because we had tentatively booked it for a cruise in 2019.  818 was definitely different than the PHB we occupied in 2015. To us, 818 had been significantly refurbished in 2016.  It looked just like what you see today in the virtual tour on the Regent website.  Was 818 different than what the virtual tour shows?

Dave

Edited by DaveFr

Dave, et al,

I have to admit that I am probably mistaken about my statements that our PH B hadn't been refurbished.  It was predicated on the fact that it looked very worn.  The carpet was stained (and apparently not cleanable) and pieces of carpeting were coming unglued along the baseboard next to the bed.  The furniture also didn't not look like it was new within the last two years.  Maybe this particular suite was abused by previous occupants.

I looked at the one photo I took in our PH B on Voyager from 2015 and there are a few differences: specifically the removal of a tier of shelves to the left of the desk and right of the make-up table.  However, as I previously mentioned, there is still a tier of shelves to the right of the desk (opposite side from the make-up table) and a set of drawers also to the right plus the center desk drawer, so plenty of storage space versus the lack of same in C-H which others have noted.  BTW, since there are mirror image suites, ours was a "feet-forward" suite on the port side.

Sorry for the confusion on my part.

Edited by Portolan

Word from the passengers on ship is that some of the suites have not gotten the new furniture yet. D-H (and it seems some C) got the new "less storage" furniture. Not sure about carpet etc. 

Still, people on the ship right now are happy with the overall condition. 

Merry Christmas to all of you. 

As relative newbies to Regent - a couple of cruises on Explorer - we made two further bookings on Voyager fairly recently.

The decision on Voyager was heavily influenced by the opening statement on the home page for the ship :-

Fresh from her complete and total refurbishment, she boasts a refreshed elegant style in her restaurants and lounges, as well as luxurious new décor across her 350 suites – each with spacious balconies.  

It is now my understanding that 'named suites' were not improved at all in the recent refurbishment.  I'm unsure as to what exactly is meant by 'named suites'  but further investigation seems to indicate that it is the following that have not been refurbished :- 

Seven Seas/Voyager/Grand/Master Suites.

Press releases & blogs from Regent all state that :-

.... bow-to-stern refurbishment has been complete ....... Penthouse, Concierge and Deluxe Suites: The largest collection of suites onboard the ship received a contemporary design that helps accentuate the spaciousness of the suites.

We’ve booked a Seven Seas Suite for the next cruise, on the back of the statement that a complete and total refurbishment had taken place, so are now feeling misled by the information provided by Regent, prominently displayed  on their website. 

We are due to be in Seven Seas 919. If my memory serves me well I seem to recall that a poster on this board stayed in this exact suite not that long ago. I’d very much welcome any comments as to the condition of this suite please.   

We stayed in a "named suite" (Seven Seas Suite #929) last month and it had been refurbished.  Based on what I'm reading on this thread, the refurbishment was similar to Mariner's (the one before the last one) when only upper suites were refurbished.  

Not sure when your Voyager cruises are but the Voyager will be refurbished again in early 2020 (Navigator and Explorer being refurbished this year).  

14 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

We stayed in a "named suite" (Seven Seas Suite #929) last month and it had been refurbished.  Based on what I'm reading on this thread, the refurbishment was similar to Mariner's (the one before the last one) when only upper suites were refurbished.  

Not sure when your Voyager cruises are but the Voyager will be refurbished again in early 2020 (Navigator and Explorer being refurbished this year).  

Thank you so much for this. On checking again we are actually in #929 - the exact same suite as yourselves last month.

It is great news that you found the suite to be in a refurbished condition, even if this is contrary to what i'm reading online. 

Our first cruise on Voyager is Dec 2019 so we won't benefit from the next refurbishment, but our second cruise - in a Voyager Suite - is not until late 2020 so we should see the benefit of the 2020 update you refer to.

Thanks again.    

8 hours ago, machotspur said:

Thank you so much for this. On checking again we are actually in #929 - the exact same suite as yourselves last month.

It is great news that you found the suite to be in a refurbished condition, even if this is contrary to what i'm reading online. 

Our first cruise on Voyager is Dec 2019 so we won't benefit from the next refurbishment, but our second cruise - in a Voyager Suite - is not until late 2020 so we should see the benefit of the 2020 update you refer to.

Thanks again.    

Glad to help.  Actually, even though 929 was refurbished, it is showing signs of wear.  Also, since the tile/granite in the bathrooms was not replaced, it still has the old look.  This could be why some people do not think that suites were refurbished.  

As I've mentioned in another thread, 929 is one of the quietest suites that we have been in on the Voyager.  We also like the living room sofa.  You can sit there and watch the ocean go by.  Also love the window in the bedroom.  It is really a nice suite with the only downside being the small balcony..

P.S.  It has plenty of storage.