Spirit class, vista suite, deck 4, opinions?

finoky

We have been in those cabins on several occasions.  Deck 4 is my favorite deck because the angle of the railings is straight up and down giving a more spacious balcony feel.  Also, the balcony is totally covered.  We like that because it protects against the sun, rain and soot.  There are a couple of negatives. You are closer to the water, so the wake noise is more noticeable.  Also, you are one deck above the dining room and you can hear singing sometimes. I am in 4228 for my upcoming Panama Canal cruise, so the positives definitely out way the negatives for us.

Dawn    

• Like 1

Deck 4 Vista Suites are the best cabins in the fleet! They have more usable balcony room because the railing angle isn’t as severe as the upper decks. There is more overhang to provide shade and protection from rain. I love listening to the churning wake so that is a plus for me. We get in extra steps walking all the way to the back of the ship- which we need after all of the food we enjoy! We have never been bothered with any noise from the dining room. There is more vibration when docking, but that doesn’t bother us at all. The whirlpool tub is the best. The separate vanity area is terrific. The 7 floor to ceiling windows are outstanding. 2 televisions and a separate bedroom- priceless! I am a huge fan of the vista views on the Spirit Class ships.  and I book early to get the ones on deck 4.  We will be sailing in one of them next fall on the Miracle to Mexico. That 180 degree view off of the balcony is my definition of heaven!

• Like 1

Great rooms but expensive. IF you are booking way out in advance think about the bowling alley balconies 6232 (4people) and 7258 and 8232 (2 people rooms). Not a suite but the balcony is fantastic and triple length extended but same price as a regular extended. Since there are only 3 like this that are non handicapped they go fast. Year plus needed to secure usually.

We are booked on deck 6, now I'm kicking myself for not considering deck 4 as this was also available when I booked.  I didn't want to be on the same deck as the lifeboats but thinking about it now.?what does it matter?

Loved the Vista suite on Deck 4.  The balcony can fit up to 14 people. I am now trying an aft balcony cabin on deck 4 on the legend.  I didn't book the suite since this is a port intensive itinerary we are on,  but it was hard not to pick the suite.    I needed to save my money for the shore excursions.  

• Like 1