Getaway GTY Mini Suite

Melclark1009

I booked a gty mini suite on the Getaway in April and 2 weeks ago was assigned a mini Suite category MB. Today I noticed they changed the category to OX but it’s still the same room #. I assume this a mistake and I was going to wait a few days to see if it corrected itself but I’m curious. OX is obstructed ocean view which is well below what I paid for. Anyone have this happen? Thank you!!

Edited by Melclark1009

58 minutes ago, Melclark1009 said:

Great thank you both so much! I’ll not worry about it for now. 😃

It was interesting to check.  We have four future cruises booked currently, but only the Getaway had the odd OX for cabin category.  Other 3 cruises were still the correct category. 

It did make me go and double-check the cabin number!

11 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

It was interesting to check.  We have four future cruises booked currently, but only the Getaway had the odd OX for cabin category.  Other 3 cruises were still the correct category. 

It did make me go and double-check the cabin number!

Looks like the issue isn't isolated to just Getaway sailings.  We are booked for a 7 day next month on the Jade and when I logged in to MyNcl mine has also changed, right cabin number but new category.  We are booked in a SC but it now shows as an OX.

2 hours ago, pisenor said:

Looks like the issue isn't isolated to just Getaway sailings.  We are booked for a 7 day next month on the Jade and when I logged in to MyNcl mine has also changed, right cabin number but new category.  We are booked in a SC but it now shows as an OX.

Sounds like a quick call to NCL is warranted.  Of course, that’s only if you get someone on the phone who knows what he/she is talking about!  🤭😳

My Category has been changed to OX as well (cabin # has not changed) and my cruise isn't until next Nov. 😒 (need to fix that soon)

I wonder if it's due to the changes of the categories. NCL is famous for making a mess of things when they change things on their website.  Hopefully that's all it is and nothing to worry about. 

59 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

My Category has been changed to OX as well (cabin # has not changed) and my cruise isn't until next Nov. 😒 (need to fix that soon)

I wonder if it's due to the changes of the categories. NCL is famous for making a mess of things when they change things on their website.  Hopefully that's all it is and nothing to worry about. 

If your room is the same,,,, how can it be a mess?  Same room. Paperwork different. Big deal. 

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

my cruise isn't until next Nov. 😒 (need to fix that soon)

I wonder if it's due to the changes of the categories. NCL is famous for making a mess of things when they change things on their website.  Hopefully that's all it is and nothing to worry about

59 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

If your room is the same,,,, how can it be a mess?  Same room. Paperwork different. Big deal. 

You're funny. 

So, you're saying I shouldn't fix the fact that I don't have a cruise booked sooner than next year and the fact that I see no reason to worry about the glitch/mess with the category changes is a bad thing? or you just can't stand anyone saying something negative about NCL?  

• 3 months later...