Government Shutdown

alexsarasota

30 minutes ago, jiminyC_fan said:

I commend you for taking care of the Coast Guard.   I urge everyone to remember that there are many other government employees outside of the Coast Guard that needs help just as much.

I agree! But for our work, we chose this particular solution. My church is organizing donations to local food banks as I type. 

Yes, this is a crisis.  But can we please refrain from bringing the politics (either side) into this discussion whether directly or by innuendo.  We all have opinions on this, but the one thing we can all agree on is that Washington is broken and "they" need to do the people's work!  Thank you.

Atlanta's Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms mentioned the other day on TV that "no problems are expected" for Super Bowl visitors.  She said that 120 TSA inspectors would be sent to Atlanta, and 50 Air Traffic Controllers  would be assigned to help.

If every station is short handed due to the non-payment of these staff members, what happens to the hundreds of other stations when these folks are sent to Atlanta?