regarding NCL new year sale and a few morw questions

z4oslo

Hello everyone.

So im going on my first NCL cruise in May 2019. 

I just logged on my NCL account and see they have a new year sale "Book now and receive up to US$ 1.000 to spend on board*"

I can't seem to figure out what "up to" really means. Even if I try to book a cruise, i wont tell me if get 1000?

Which brings me to my next question, What can you really spend the money on? You can only eat for so much, SPA isnt really me so that leaves stores? Anything worthwhile you can buy on those ships? Maybe they can be used against excursions as well? (even though they are pretty overpriced from what i can see)

If anyone has any insight on the matter, please share with the newbie 🙂

One last question, if i DO book now, will I be able to use a cruise next deposit towards it so I can get some cash back for my May cruise was well? 

54 minutes ago, z4oslo said:

Hello everyone.

I just logged on my NCL account and see they have a new year sale "Book now and receive up to US$ 1.000 to spend on board*"

I can't seem to figure out what "up to" really means. Even if I try to book a cruise, i wont tell me if get 1000?

Which brings me to my next question, What can you really spend the money on? You can only eat for so much, SPA isnt really me so that leaves stores? Anything worthwhile you can buy on those ships? Maybe they can be used against excursions as well? (even though they are pretty overpriced from what i can see)

If anyone has any insight on the matter, please share with the newbie 🙂

One last question, if i DO book now, will I be able to use a cruise next deposit towards it so I can get some cash back for my May cruise was well? 

Have you booked this cruise or are just looking into it ?

If you have already booked a cruise the New Years Offering would not be available to you without doing

a cancel and rebook. Since your cruise is more than 120 days away you can do this without penalty.

You may lose any perks or bonuses if you do this careful !

"Book now and receive up to US$ 1.000 to spend on board*"

This is OBC

Watch that key wording UP TO probably a couple a hundred for an Inside Cabin and the 1K for a suite ?!

This would be OBC (On Board Credit) - you can spend it on anything except payment of the DSC

(Daily Service Charge) which is an automatic gratuity (tips) to crew and also this would be NON-refundable

so unused it would not be cash refunded to you.

Normally you get the NEXT Cruise deposit buying it on board - so did you buy this from another source i.e. eBay

gift etc. since you have not cruised NCL before ?

Your Latitudes Account is a record of your customer cruise account and that is where you would find this deposit.

An account is set up automatically for you after your do your first booking -

this is where you will find that Next Cruise payment.

The Next Cruise is used to reduce the cost of the cruise (fare)

Next Cruise and OBC while they are cash related are two entirely different applications ! 

Both of these programs do not put actual cash back to you in your pocket.

NC reduces the cost of the fare

OBC reduces the cost of extra items gifts duty free shore excursions internet time etc.

Once a booking is established and within certain time limits before the sailing date dining and shore excursions

can be booked in advance - OBC is not used here ONLY onboard.

Hope this is meaningful - have more ???s ask away we are here to help - you can find some answers when

you login to the NCL site look for FAQ.

12 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Normally you get the NEXT Cruise deposit buying it on board - so did you buy this from another source i.e. eBay

gift etc. since you have not cruised NCL before ?

Your Latitudes Account is a record of your customer cruise account and that is where you would find this deposit.

An account is set up automatically for you after your do your first booking -

this is where you will find that Next Cruise payment.

The Next Cruise is used to reduce the cost of the cruise (fare)

Maybe i'm wording this poorly. I was thinking If I booked a cruise for a date later than my next cruise, lets say i book a cruise for 2020, and put in the deposit, then take advantage of the cruise next offering on my May cruise, I could use one of those deposits as a down payment on my 2020 cruise. I hope this makes sense. English is obviously not my first language 🙂

In any event, the OBC seems less handy than what I was hoping for, I cant use it to book anything in advance 😞

Thank you for your answers.

Edited by z4oslo

2 minutes ago, z4oslo said:

Maybe i'm wording this poorly. I was thinking If I booked a cruise for a date later than my next cruise, lets say i book a cruise for 2020, and put in the deposit, then take advantage of the cruise next offering on my May cruise, I could use one od those deposits as a down payment on my 2020 cruise. I hope this makes sense. English is obviously not my first language 🙂

In any event, the OBC seems less handy than what I was hoping for, I cant use it to book anything in advance 😞

Thank you for your answers.

So when you are sailing in May of 2019 check with the Next Cruise people they usually are in the Atrium near the

Guest Services counter - talk with them about the incentives to purchase the certificates sometimes with an offer

of buy one get one i.e. buy one at $250 and get another free for a total of $500 that can be applied on your next

cruise in 2020. At that time sometimes there is a further incentive to book that cruise in 2020 getting a cabin

upgrade or other perk. You don't have to do that right then and there you can wait but not until the last day of that

May 2019 day cruise. As noted previously the Next Cruise certificates are usually purchased while on board the ship.

There are other sources such as eBay - but caution buying too many certificates - at the most only two can be

applied at one time and must be used within the 4 year time period from the original date of issue/purchase.

One way to find out about the CruiseNext certificates is to go to NCLs' home page, and at the search bar at the top, type in "CruiseNext".  It gives you a breakdown of the cost and how you can use it.  You can only buy them onboard (you get OBC for the cruise you are on),  and you can apply the deposit towards your next cruise.  As stated earlier, you have 4 years to sail from the time you purchase it.  You lose it if you don't use it.   Hope this helps!