Love pre-cruise offerings

JillL

Random thought... 

This is our sixth cruise but first on RC.  We have been on two other cruise lines (will remain unnamed but they are very popular).  While I am not excited about RC's website, which seems to have issues frequently, I just wanted to point out that I love how RC offers pre-cruise sales.  I have not experienced this with the other cruise lines, and I think it is genius!  (But the others may have changed since we sailed.)

We purchased both the deluxe drink package and 3 night dining package, which we had no intentions of purchasing originally because they dropped so much in price.  (We purchased for $45 and $60 respectively.)  

Way to go RC!  (Done with my two cents!!)

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, JillL said:

Random thought... 

This is our sixth cruise but first on RC.  We have been on two other cruise lines (will remain unnamed but they are very popular).  While I am not excited about RC's website, which seems to have issues frequently, I just wanted to point out that I love how RC offers pre-cruise sales.  I have not experienced this with the other cruise lines, and I think it is genius!  (But the others may have changed since we sailed.)

We purchased both the deluxe drink package and 3 night dining package, which we had no intentions of purchasing originally because they dropped so much in price.  (We purchased for $45 and $60 respectively.)  

Agree, everyone remembers the negatives and few the positives...

3 hours ago, JillL said:

Random thought... 

I did not realize other cruise lines did not do this.  We love being able to get sales and purchase everything before we get on the ship.

I waited for Black Friday to purchase dining and beverage for our Feb 3rd cruise 

5 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

With some other cruise lines the prices may not fluctuate as much as Royal.

We did our first Royal cruise in April/May from Sydney to Seattle.  Because we had done 10 Celebrity cruises, we were elite and therefore Diamond on Royal.  We found the two cruise lines more similar than different.  We have booked another Royal cruise on Serenade of the Seas for Norway, Arctic Circle, since Celebrity doesn't have a similar cruise.

The Diamond HH is better than Celebrity's and we like the entertainment better.   We like Celebrity's buffet design and food selection better, as well as dining, but the differences are not huge.   We like the design of Celebrity's S and M class ships better, especially because we enjoy the sunset bar that is at the aft end of the ship just outside the buffet.  Royal's ships seem to prefer not having this feature.

Still, we like Royal's prices better, especially since we can find cruises without having to take promos that we don't want.

On 12/27/2018 at 8:00 PM, Intent2smile said:

I did not realize other cruise lines did not do this.  We love being able to get sales and purchase everything before we get on the ship.

I waited for Black Friday to purchase dining and beverage for our Feb 3rd cruise 

Are you on the Oasis Feb 3 ?  As are we.