Signature Suite question...

floridacruisers

Info from the Cruise Atlas

VISTA AND SIGNATURE SUITE S
Vista (categories A–BC and BQ) and Signature suites (categories SS–SZ)
include all standard stateroom amenities, PLUS:
• Binoculars for use during your voyage
• Signature Mariner’s Dream® bed
• Fragrant Elemis Aromapure bath amenities
• Flat-panel TV with expanded programming
• Fresh flowers to welcome you
• Floor-to-ceiling glass doors, large sitting area, whirlpool bath
(Signature Suites)
• Choice of firm, medium or soft pillows
• No-host mini-bar

Also, No extra charge for steak and eggs for breakfast served in the room. 

• Thanks 1

IMO. HAL's Signature Suites represent a good "value".  Yes, you do lose some"perks" vs the Neptunes (if you are a 4 or 5 Star you get a few of these anyway), but the reduced space is not all that much considering how much less you pay.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, I like vacation said:

That must be new?  I don't recall that one.

OP, there is a telephone concierge as well. Basically, the front desk, I believe.

We were in an SS on the Zuiderdam this summer.  The main benefit is the large cabin (and it was indeed large and comfy, with plenty of storage), large balcony, and a wonderful bathroom.  (Two sinks, a tub/shower combo, and a separate stand up shower [which was very narrow, but could be used].) 

Binoculars provided by cruise ships are pretty much toys.  We always bring our own.  

It's not a "suite" in terms of any suite perks.  You are paying for size and location.  

16 minutes ago, I like vacation said:

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

That must be new?  I don't recall that one.

OP, there is a telephone concierge as well. Basically, the front desk, I believe.

We were in a SS on the Zuiderdam in November and I had steak and eggs for breakfast a few times.  No extra charge.  I looked at some Verandah room service door tags on the Deck 10 and there was a charge.

• Thanks 1

Forgot to mention the double Mariner points.

Suite Bonus Earn double Cruise Day credits when you pay a published fare for a spacious suite or penthouse on your next cruise. For example, a guest who pays published fare for suite accommodations for a 10-day cruise earns 20 Cruise Day credit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, I like vacation said:

We were in a SS on the Zuiderdam in November and I had steak and eggs for breakfast a few times.  No extra charge.  I looked at some Verandah room service door tags on the Deck 10 and there was a charge.

Interesting.  Thanks for the info 🙂 

3 minutes ago, ksmaxey said:

Mimosas are free in the cabin with breakfast as well

I know Mimosas are free with room service breakfast for Neptune suite passengers.  It's one of their perks.

Haven't heard of it being available to Signature Suite passengers and certainly was not on our room service card in April, 2018 when we were in a Signature Suite.

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

I know Mimosas are free with room service breakfast for Neptune suite passengers.  It's one of their perks.

Haven't heard of it being available to Signature Suite passengers and certainly was not on our room service card in April, 2018 when we were in a Signature Suite.

We were in a signature suite in June and had them every time we ordered room service for breakfast.  The menu is the same that we had in a Neptune so I am guessing that they have only 2 different room service menus

1 hour ago, I like vacation said:

Same here in Oct. on the Zuiderdam.

20 minutes ago, kazu said:

Look at the pdf link in post #8.  This is from our Panama Canal partial transit on the Zuiderdam in Oct/Nov 2018.

Smoked Salmon Benedict-no charge

Steak and Eggs-no charge

Kick Start-no charge

Mimosa-no charge

Edited by I like vacation
add info

We love the SS suites!  DH said he wished they were on the smaller ships, but that will never happen.  On the Eurodam in Mexico the breakfast card changed a few times for our SS Suite.  For a few days it was the same as the Neptune Suite, then it changed to a charge for the steak and eggs and smoothie, but it was the old a la carte menu that we always enjoyed.  I did order a smoothie while there was no charge.  I wrote to HAL and said I wish they would extend the a la carte card to vista suites.

Karen     

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, I like vacation said:

Look at the pdf link in post #8.  This is from our Panama Canal partial transit on the Zuiderdam in Oct/Nov 2018.

Smoked Salmon Benedict-no charge

Steak and Eggs-no charge

Kick Start-no charge

Mimosa-no charge

Thanks.  

That's totally different from our room service menu in SS in April/May 2018.

I guess we'll soon see next April 😉. It would be nice if the smoked salmon benedict was complimentary 😉 

27 minutes ago, Loreto said:

We love the SS suites!  DH said he wished they were on the smaller ships, but that will never happen.  On the Eurodam in Mexico the breakfast card changed a few times for our SS Suite.  For a few days it was the same as the Neptune Suite, then it changed to a charge for the steak and eggs and smoothie, but it was the old a la carte menu that we always enjoyed.  I did order a smoothie while there was no charge.  I wrote to HAL and said I wish they would extend the a la carte card to vista suites.

Karen     

Karen, snatch a cruise on the Prinsendam before she leaves.  She has lovely Signature Suites.

Interesting on your Eurodam menu experience.

6 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks.  

That's totally different from our room service menu in SS in April/May 2018.

I guess we'll soon see next April 😉. It would be nice if the smoked salmon benedict was complimentary 😉 

We are going on the Oosterdam in 3 weeks in another SS.  Hope there is no change in the included steak and eggs.  Will report back then.

2 hours ago, I like vacation said:

Forgot to mention the double Mariner points.

Suite Bonus Earn double Cruise Day credits when you pay a published fare for a spacious suite or penthouse on your next cruise. For example, a guest who pays published fare for suite accommodations for a 10-day cruise earns 20 Cruise Day credit

Duh, I forgot to mention that too.  We were on a 20-day sailing in the SS I noted above, our first cruise with HAL, so we went from nothing Mariners to 2* Mariners in that one cruise, not that this really gets us anything.  :classic_biggrin: 

2 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Duh, I forgot to mention that too.  We were on a 20-day sailing in the SS I noted above, our first cruise with HAL, so we went from nothing Mariners to 2* Mariners in that one cruise, not that this really gets us anything.  :classic_biggrin: 

You have to start somewhere. :classic_biggrin:  We will be 3 star after our next cruise in 3 weeks.  I know, still rookie numbers compared to everyone else here. 

I agree, Sapper1!  This time on the Eurodam There was a loofah and and bath salts (only a one time use for salts) from Elemis...never seen that before.

Karen

4 hours ago, sapper1 said:

The double sinks and separate shower stall are worth the price of admission all by themselves.